• 180 Proof
    How do you know that?
  • Benj96
    IMO, anyone who denies that 's/he do not know that s/he do not know' by preaching some "absolute knowledge" is not an honest seeker (lover) of wisdom, whether s/he uses 'philosophical techniques' (e.g. sophists) or not (e.g. priests).180 Proof

The only issue with a "know it all" in the sense of the proverb "nobody likes a know it all" is that we aren't them.

If everyone has a mental paradigm for nature. And if we assume some people are more precise and correct and some are more deluded and incorrect. Then it stands to reason for the same reason there are people completely out of their mind/psychotic, there are also the genius - those that have a profound understanding of things.

It's merely a spectrum.
    It doesn't make sense to acknowledge the existence of the most extreme "madness/insanity" but somehow for a ridiculous arbitrary reason deny the existence of the opposite end of knowledge, clarity and understanding.

I determine people's insight and intelligence by the logic in what they say. Not in whether I am smarter than them or not. That's just arrogance.

So I think these truth tellers are usually hated. I also suspect they probably knew that already. The irony being all they want to do is tell people what they know.

If you were Einstein for a day, would you not want to make some discoveries, just because you can, and write some paradigms or equations down and inform your peers of what you revealed? Or would you sit quietly while they scratch their heads?
  • Benj96
    How do you know that?180 Proof

Because there is no consensus yet. Quantum physics, newtonian and relative physics are not reconciled officially as far as I know. And they should be if the universe is truly connected consistently with itself and not in self violation.

There is elegance and truth to connecting different understandings in a way that doesn't contradict one another
  • wonderer1
    If you were Einstein for a day, would you not want to make some discoveries, just because you can, and write some paradigms or equations down and inform your peers of what you revealed?Benj96

I'm guessing the Einstein for a day version of 180 Proof might be more like this:

Einstein_tongue.jpg
  • Benj96
    I'm guessing the Einstein for a day version of 180 Proof might be more like this:wonderer1

Haha I think I would also be like that haha. Smug as a bug
  • wonderer1

Interesting. I didn't see smugness there, so much as someone having fun. But I'm autistic, so my interpretation might well be off.

Anyway, I get the impression you have some magical thinking about genius.
  • 180 Proof
    My question wasn't clear enough. How you know this
    They are however "closer" to that which doesn't change - the singularity - a fundamental and unchanging rule.Benj96
    is this case? :chin:
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.