• Frank Apisa

All that neoliberal/neoconservative/liberal/libertarian/conservative labeling nonsese ought to be outlawed in conversations of this sort. It reminds me of the discussions about atheism/agnosticism/theism that devolve into arguments over what the words mean.

That is where we are in the Neoeverything issue.

Joe Biden was not my favorite for the nomination to oppose Trump...but I would vote for Biden in a heartbeat over Trump. And I would do so with lots of enthusiasm.

The mainstays of MSNBC, CNN, AND FOX will have to find some other way to make a buck when Trump goes...but covering him is like covering the coronavisus pandemic.
  • Baden
    The neighbor is super credible. She's a lifelong Democrat and a Biden supporter.
  • Benkei
    Happy to vote for a rapist because Trump is one too but yours is a Democrat?
  • Benkei
    For fuck's sake. That political system really is the worst. In the Netherlands parliamentary members and government appointees are vetted by their respective parties before they can become a candidate for that party. How the fuck do all these rapists get cushy jobs?
  • Frank Apisa
    Benkei
    ↪Frank Apisa Happy to vote for a rapist because Trump is one too but yours is a Democrat?
    Benkei

I am not a Democrat...so I have no reason for that to be my position.

I would choose Biden in a heartbeat, because Trump is the most ignorant, stupid, classless boor ever to pollute the presidency...and for the sake of our nation (and the world in general)...I want to see him become the most ignorant, stupid, classless ex-president we've ever had as soon as possible.
  • EricH
    I'm not happy about it, but Biden is clearly the lesser of two evils.

I'll go one step further - I'll vote for Biden over Trump even if Biden were to shoot someone on 5th Avenue.

The difference between me and the Trump supporters is that I would not glorify Biden and ignore his flaws.
  • boethius
    I'm not happy about it, but Biden is clearly the lesser of two evils.EricH

Shouldn't you also trust the devil you know at this point?

I seem to remember that's also a solid principle when it comes to evil dealings.
  • frank
    Plus he he was involved in Ukranian corruption. Oh wait.
  • Streetlight
    I remember when liberals were all aghast when Trump said he could shoot someone on 5th Ave and still have support, and they couldn't understand how that sentiment could hold. Now they same the same thing about their man.

Pathetic.
  • Frank Apisa
    boethius
    I'm not happy about it, but Biden is clearly the lesser of two evils.
    — EricH

Shouldn't you also trust the devil you know at this point?
    boethius
    NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO,

Not sure if you are kidding here, Boethius...but if you are, it was a terrible jest.

Anyway, in case you weren't...NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO...you shouldn't.
  • EricH

Pathetic.StreetlightX
    I agree. It is pathetic that I have to make this choice. A second Trump term will be a catastrophe for the US & the world. I would vote for a trained seal over Trump - provided that the trainer was a Democrat. I wish the dems could find a better candidate than Biden.

If Biden were to shoot someone on 5th Avenue I would loudly call for him to withdraw from the race. But if he is the candidate, I have no choice but to vote for him.
  • Hanover
    The neighbor is super credible. She's a lifelong Democrat and a Biden supporter.Baden

She has no bias due to her being a Democrat and lifelong Biden supporter, but those factors also point to her having no brain. I'll call those a wash, acquit Biden, and vote for Trump, which was where I was going to end up anyway.
  • TheArchitectOfTheGods
    Let Obama come back for a third term. It's a time of national emergency. I would like to see an Obama vs. Trump election.
  • EricH
    Shouldn't you also trust the devil you know at this point?boethius
    NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NOFrank Apisa
    etc etc

Well Frank seems to disagree with you, but in this case I already know both the devils very well :smile:
  • Streetlight
    Voting to legitimate a system that holding you hostage seems like the the worst possible evil in this case.

Not as if the US is a democracy in any meaningful sense anyway.
  • Baden
    Biden needs to drop the fuck out. Get your head around it Dems, running a probable rapist like nothing is wrong exposes the emptiness of everything you pretend you are.

• frank
    It's not even clear that there's going to be an election. We're having a freaking pandemic.
  • Baden

But Hanny said it's happy days over there?? :death:
  • Streetlight
    Biden didn't give a shit during the Michigan primaries, not sure he's going to give further shits about plebs dying during a general.
  • frank

A coworker thinks it's going to spew when we come off lockdown. I don't know. It's the weirdest disease. People come in with seizures, blood clots everywhere, very high fevers, digestive problems. And then some people have no symptoms. Maybe it's mutating.
  • Shawn
    Did we really just abandon Sanders over this sloth-turd?
  • Baden

Yeah, getting harder not easier to understand. I heard a doctor on YT the other day say it's not like pneumonia where the lungs tire out but more like a lack of oxygen at high altitudes. The point being that ventilators don't help much because the lungs have lost the capacity to absorb oxygen and manually pumping them doesn't solve that problem.
  • Baden
    Did we really just abandon Sanders over this sloth-turd?Shawn

But according to Dianne Feinstein, who was instrumental in going after Kavanaugh, Reade is a liar, because, I don't know, it's a Dem this time. Stacy I'll-say-anything-to-get-that-VP-slot Abrams recently jumped on that train of shame too. :vomit:
  • Shawn
    But according to Dianne Feinstein, who was instrumental in going after Kavanaugh, Reade is a liar, because, I don't know, it's a Dem this time. Stacy I'll-say-anything-to-get-that-VP-slot Abrams recently jumped on that train of shame too. :vomit:Baden

Dude, it's such a fucking trainwrek, I want to start meth or something.
  • Baden
    I want to start meth or something.Shawn

You can safely relegate that to the bottom of your solution list, Shawn.
  • Shawn
    You can safely relegate that to the bottom of your solution list, Shawn.Baden

Baden, is this really happening? What's this going to be:

90% Trump-0, 5% Biden?
  • Baden

Either of them could eat a live baby and it'd still only be a fight over a few percentage points. Such are the wonders of a two party system and the self-fulfilling attitude of having no choice.
  • Shawn
    Either of them could eat a live baby and it'd still only be a fight over a few percentage points. Such are the wonders of a two party system and the self-fulfilling attitude of having no choice.Baden

Let's elect Coronavirus, please. It's doing pretty well on the forum, and we have it going for something like 4-5 months.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment