• Shawn
    Hello,

If I ever get enough money, I would like to start a thread or possibly a group reading on Penrose': Cycles of Time.

I have a simple equation that seems to dictate how reality at the current pace expands or what name is most suitable for how time 'flows'.

Here it is:

t=2*(k)^[n+[f(x-a)+(f(x-b)-f(x+c)+(deltaC)] (times) [5(Pi)/2+(deltaC)]

[<-1, through, 1>]  -  for the delta of C*

The remainder after "(times)" is not included in the power of k.

Sorry, I'm such a mathjax newb.

Would someone be able to analyze the above equation with respect to what Penrose may or may not have said about time? I am also interested in any input about the equation itself wrt. to time passage in any given universe or state space?

Trying to use "http://asciimath.org/" for the user accessible version of this equation in MathJax; but, there's an issue with multiplying the power of k with respect to the secondary equation.

Thanks.

C* - Is governed by another equation...
  • Shawn
    The following may be of use:

Kruskal-Penrose-Manifold-of-the-Original-Einstein-Rosen-Bridge.png
    The-Carter-Penrose-diagram-6-for-the-KruskalSzekeres-space-time-with-mass-M-There-are.png
    The following image is of my interest. How does time progress, only upward?
    The-Carter-Penrose-diagram-of-the-manifold-The-conformal-diagram-of-the-maximally.png
  • Pfhorrest
    That math is a bit over my head tonight, but as I understand it time is always up in a Penrose diagram, yes, even a tiling one.
  • Kenosha Kid

Can you explain what you're asking? You've put a diagram of a wormhole up and a difficult-to-parse equation of unknown origin and derivation, but you haven't mentioned wormholes in your posts. A bit of context might make this easier to understand.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.