• 180 Proof
    On the first day of summer 2024 in the US, a FOX Noise poll shows that POTUS is pulling ahead of Fraudster-Ra(p)ist-Convict-1...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/saradorn/2024/06/20/trump-rages-about-trash-fox-news-survey-showing-biden-winning/ :mask: :up:
  • 180 Proof
    An excellent reminder that we must vote and struggle against the neofascist, jim crow candidate(s) whom grifted, confederate / insurrection flag-waving racists fanatically subsidize and will vote for in Roevember. :mask:

https://youtu.be/lV_09uObx0I?si=84CpW1RX4Oq6nnQW
  • 180 Proof
    24June24

A reminder on the 2nd anniversary of SCOTUS overturning Roe v Wade ...

https://thephilosophyforum.com/discussion/comment/895573 :fire: :mask:

:cool: Dark Brandon's swing state BLOWOUT is coming in Roevember. "Be there, will be wild!"
  • Mikie
    Lol Biden looks awful. What a stupid decision to let this guy run again. He’s just too old. He may still win, given his opponent is Trump— but so far in this debate he looks frail and borderline incoherent.

Not that this should matter much, but such is the way of things.
  • Mikie
    How many friggin times will Biden say “the idea…”
  • jorndoe
    Marjorie Taylor Greene Melts Down Over Australian TV’s Trump Question, Gets Cut Off
    — Lee Moran · HuffPost · Jun 27, 2024

I guess the response would have been that she wouldn't accept the election not going her way? Already planned to cry "Rigged" in that case? Go Ferguson. :)
  • 180 Proof
    Sleepy Joe. :zip:

The Clown wins, no need to debate again this fall. He dodged a bullet. Biden campaign over-prepped POTUS to "debate" (pander to the base) rather than to take out The Clown (moving swing state independents toward Dems).
  • Leontiskos
    Democrats seem to be in the midst of a post-debate meltdown. It will be interesting to see if they can actually convince Biden to walk away from the nomination.
  • Mr Bee
    People have been trying to convince him for several months but he's too stubborn to get out. The Democrats would easily win if they just ran another generic candidate, but they chose to stick with someone who's arguably just as unpopular as Trump is. I mean maybe this debate would convince him to step aside, that's the one upside I see, but if not then we're really taking a huge gamble on all of our futures for the sake of one really old man's desire for a second term.
  • Leontiskos
    - I don't know that I would say that the Democrats have gambled. I think it has been out of their hands. As you say, there have been efforts to get him out of the 2024 race for some time, but in truth that is a tall task.
  • Mr Bee
    Well I think Biden is the one who's ultimately making this gamble wanting to spend his final years as a two-term president even if he may not live through it, but the people around him seem content in not putting too much pressure on him either.
  • Leontiskos
    - I've been told that Biden would rather go down fighting than walk away. Clearly the better choice from the standpoint of legacy, common good, and personal happiness would be to walk away. But someone who has been in politics for over 50 years may not recognize this. It's like the epitome of getting grandpa to give up his driver's license.
  • Mr Bee
    Well maybe they can convince him now that's he crashed the car. Or maybe we really are screwed.

The one bit of good news is that this debate was really early (perhaps intentionally) and now that we see that Biden can't do it, there is enough time for a change in leadership. Literally anybody else would be better and likely win given how Trump is intensely disliked.
  • Wayfarer
    Biden looks awful. What a stupid decision to let this guy run again. He’s just too old. He may still win, given his opponent is Trump— but so far in this debate he looks frail and borderline incoherent.Mikie

Unfortunately, I have to agree. Trump undoubtedly makes for better television, which is what counts, now that truth no longer matters. :brow:

There were fantasies some time ago for Gavin Newsom and Gretchen Whitmer to run on the Democratic ticket, as Mr and Mrs America.

Vara-Gavin-Newsom-2018.jpg

25nat-whitmer-01-fmtv-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg

Oh, I wish.....

(Newsom says he's sitting this one out and is anticipated to run in 2028. Except that, if Trump wins in 2024, there probably won't be an election in 2028, as Trump will have declared himself President for Life.)
  • Mikie
    Except that, if Trump wins in 2024, there probably won't be an election in 2028, as Trump will have declared himself President for Life.Wayfarer

That’s not going to happen. It’s bad enough that he’ll appoint more judges and trash the environment without making things up about what he’ll do.
  • Mr Bee
    DNC: Yes the planet got destroyed but for a beautiful moment in time we stood by and did nothing as an 82 year old man selfishly tried to seek a second term against the wishes of his constituents.
  • Tzeentch
    I didn't watch the debate. Is it worth watching for comedic value?
  • Shawn

Watch the 'we defeated Medicare' meme... :lol:
  • Tzeentch
    Man, that's crazy.
  • 180 Proof
    27June24

(addendum to )

Yeah, damn Dems fucked up bigly :shade:

Even so, Sleepy Joe at his worst is still a better candidate and a better POTUS than The Fascist Clown (aka "Fraudster-Ra(p)ist-Insurrectionist-Convicted Felon-1").. :mask:
  • Shawn
    Gavin Newsom180 Proof

Sure, as a Californian I would vote for his campaign...
  • Lionino
    Who is forcing the poor old guy to do this? My grandma has an early-dementia diagnosis and she is awfully more coherent than Biden. He more than surely has something, likely dementia too.
    This is elderly abuse and more.
  • Mr Bee
    Who is forcing the poor old guy to do this?Lionino

Mostly Joe himself because he's the only person on the planet insisting he's the "best person to beat Trump".
  • Christoffer
    Is it so hard to find a younger and better suited candidate for the democrats? Is there no else who has the ability to act as a better president than a self-appointed dictator-cult-running clown and a demented relic who fled the nursing home?

How is it possible that the dems have no other candidate that can just swoop in and take the reigns in a way that makes people actually hopeful about the future? Where there no other backup plan among the dems if Biden were to fail, go full demented or die?

Everything about US politics is just stupid. It's an entertainment machine. We have more presidents depicted in movies and television that acts better than what actually exists.

The US is a joke trying to act like adults in front of the world. Redo the entire political system, let intelligent philosophers and historians write a new constitution and rebuild a better nation. Right now it's just a patch-work of stupid interpretations of old politics, with a population who's suffering in both education, health and financial stability while at the same time being so indoctrinated into believing that the enlightened ghosts of the founding fathers inhabit the candidates running for president.

:vomit: Fire everyone, ban lobbyists and manipulating narcissists, hire intellectuals who are humble educated experts without any interest in prestige or glory; rebuild everything.
  • Lionino
    Someone at the level of cognitive decline is no longer responsible for oneself. Whether that is medically/legally ratified by a professional does not change that.
  • Mr Bee
    Well right now the biggest obstacle to them changing leaders is Biden himself. It wasn't that long ago where we got this exchange, which I still look back at every now and then as I wonder why the race is as it is. If he ends up losing and dying the next day, we'll have to deal with the consequences of his stubbornness.
  • NOS4A2
    We always knew their candidate was Weekend at Bernie’s, but one has to admire the persistence with which they carried that husk of a human being over the finish line. One question that wasn’t quite answered was whether those who dragged him forward are delusional or liars about their candidate, their president. But there is just no more denying it any longer. The party of democracy and their press apparatchiks are having open discussions about subverting the will of their primary voters, as they are wont to do. It appears they give up precisely when they can no longer maintain the lie.

Who is the real president? Obama? Jill? This is a dangerous moment for the country. There is no one leading it, and now even the true believers have given up denying it. If there was ever to be an attack on the most powerful country on Earth or her allies, now is the time.
  • Baden
    Who is the real president... ?!?

The Earth is under attack! :scream: ...

Jill has gone for a weekend at Bernie's!! :fire: :rage: :death:
  • NOS4A2

Maybe I’m wrong. Perhaps the cope is still going hard.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.