• Lif3r
    I know this writing is disorganized, and I apologize. It's a culmination of sparatic thoughts. What is your opinion on this? I'd like to know why and how you think it can and can't work, and what you would change in the idea. Thanks.

I've thought about the main currency in life being centered around how much you help other people, but haven't figured out a way to make this currency.

The main problem here is how do you monitor this

And it can't be a popularity contest. It has to be genuinely directly linked to increasing the value in the lives of others

And I think it has to be scaled based on who you help. If you merely help someone who is already rich you haven't accomplished anything of any real worth to those struggling in society.

I think a blockchain with an open source ledger has something to do with it

Money was supposed to be a representation of your contribution to society, and at first it likely was. This man produced 50 goats, he has contributed 50 goats, and these are the certificates to prove he has added value to the community. Somewhere along the road this was lost when people figured out that they don't have to contribute to society, but rather take advantage of others who are contributing.

If you recreate a direct line between contribution and value to society it provides the incentive to contribute.

It's more profitable now to take the value of another despite their contribution.

If this currency is scaled it provides the incentive to help people who are currently less than capable of helping others, thus lending them more opportunity to help others

now the other questions that arise of this: what constitutes contribution, and what is the value of each?

The reason I say blockchain ledger is because it's transparent. Everyone gets to see a direct depiction of the contributions and transactions that result from these contributions in real time
  • alan1000
    Hi Lif3r,

I think your post is perceptive and thought-provoking, but why on earth do you think blockchain is the answer? There is nothing LESS transparent and accountable. The two most common criticisms levelled against BitCoin, for example, are that it is a playground for wealthy speculators and god's gift to the criminal community.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.