• Tiberiusmoon
    What would you do with it?
    How would you spread the word?
    Is humanity just to skeptical to accept there is an answer or of other humans to suggest there is an answer?

If you had all the answers to the worlds problems, what can an individual do to be impactful of such ideology?
  • unenlightened
    Hush!

The problem is too many people trying to solve too many problems.
  • Tiberiusmoon

Its how we grow otherwise we just get stuck in the past
  • James Riley
    If you had all the answers to the worlds problems, what can an individual do to be impactful of such ideology?Tiberiusmoon

Maybe not use it? What price would be paid? Could it be that a society free of crime is not a free society? There are dystopian stories about a future free of crime. The price to be paid for that is huge, and, in the opinion of many, not worth it. The same analysis could be applied to your hypothetical.

I'm not so sure about a world where the lion lays down with the lamb. Let's just cut to the chase and get rid of all lions? I don't want that. Unless I'm a lamb. In which case the grass is going to be looking at me next.

There is X and there is Y, and the simple fact that neither one matters itself does not matter, so they proceed apace as if they did, and that is all that matters.

It's everything and everyone's job to proceed apace. If we can do that without war, okay. But we need another outlet without a victim. If we can't do that, then, meh.
  • Jack Cummins

My biggest query about your post is that you ask how we would use the answer to world peace, but that would mean that we had found the answers in the first place. However, what I think that your thread question raises is the complexity of translating ideas and ideals into practical realities. I am sure that many people have thought that they have answers but the way in which the ideas are applied to the practical realities of life is where the difficulties begin. It is the point at which philosophy and politics coincide, on a theoretical and practical basis.
  • Anand-Haqq

. Any ideology is utterly futile ... friend ...

. Ideology ... as such ... is worthless ...

. The world is full of ideologies ... hence ... the chaos ...

. All ideologies have to be shattered, utterly shattered, so the mind becomes completely free from ideologies ...

. When ideologies are not ... then ... understanding and compassion can be born ... out of it ...

. Then ... Man does not need to live according to any stupid ideology. Ideology ... means ... "I'm right, therefore, you're wrong" ... When ideology is ... pure relations cannot be ... you cannot relate to anybody lonvingly ... Why is it so? ... Because, you identify yourself to a system of thought ... willing to do any stupid act ... willing to be anything ... so you can be in harmony with somehting which nature is dead ... with that dead system ... that's a power trip ... then you'll do anything ... so ... you can reach the ultimate end of that trip ... which is ... power ... the so-called respectability ... even ... if covered by the word peace.

. All the religions talk about love and peace ... all of them proclaim to be ... the truth holders ... all of them proclaim to have ... the key of peace ... the key of universal harmony ... but all of them fight for war ... and ... all of them are in war ... in a way or another ... Have you ever noticed that ... ?

. If there's no mind trips ... if there's no competition in the world ... there would not be any ideology ... with no ideology ... you would not have any so-called religion ... with no religion ... then ... the fragrance of Love could rise up ... then ... Love would be the only religion ...

. And ... in fact ... there's no possible religion other than ... Love ...

. When competition is ... when ideologies are ... then ... wars ... inevitably will follow ... as shadow follows Man ... whether armed wars or subtle wars. Remember ... armed wars are much softer ... compared to ... the subtle ones ...

. The real danger ... is when you don't know you're in a war ... but you are. Not ... when you're in the war ... and you know it ... because ... that's just temporary ... friend ...

. The second world war and first world war ... together ... had less impacts on truth ... than is having this third world war ... which ... has been lasting forever ... which ... has been lasting ... since your cunning mind started acting upon truth ...

. The real wars ... are the ideological wars ... yes ... those ones ... have huge proportions on people's mind ... on people's capability of ... knowing truth ... by themselves ... of reaching their ultimate nature ... samadhi ... nirvana ... tao ...

. Remember ... if you have some idea about how to live your life, you will live wrongly. The right way to live your life is not to have any ideas about how to live your life. Live without ideas and you live rightly. Live without mind and you live rightly. Live moment to moment and you live rightly. Do not live out of the past and don't live out of the future ... which is the same ... of living out of the past.

. Just live Here-Now ... and you will live rightly ...
  • original2
    How would you divine that your answer for the world peace is a correct one and what would be the price to be paid for the "world peace" seem to me indeed rather more important than what would be done with this peace knowledge.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.