• Outlander

You will not go away. You shall engage with me and Gregory until we discover a new paradigm in physics and understanding of reality.
  • T Clark
    You will not go away. You shall engage with me and Gregory until we discover a new paradigm in physics and understanding of reality.Outlander

Yes, master.
  • Outlander
    Really though, I was at first expecting to leave a bit of good-natured and well-meant snark for not posting a question and whatnot but, I see that's been thoroughly taken care of.

The man was ahead of his time, and if I'm not mistaken shared ideas that modern science has springboarded off of. Two bodies perhaps being the primal elements being earth, wind, water, and fire. Light has a uniqueness, clearly. Obviously earth being opaque is an exception but as far as the other elements this element definitely has a curious place.
  • Gregory

Aquinas got the four elements from the Greeks and the superiority of light over matter from Aristotle and Augustine
  • Gregory
    My point was that Aquinas's belief in the superiority of light to matter was based on aesthetics and not science OR philosophy
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.