• RogueAI

I can see you're having trouble with a very simple question. You are a conscious being. Doubting that you're conscious is silly and nonsensical and just serves to illustrate the absurdity of physicalism/materialism. It's like that one materialist I was talking to here who couldn't grok "what is it like to be me?" Seriously? Maybe focus less on mockery and more on shoring up your core beliefs.
  • 180 Proof
    I'm only having trouble with a very simple-minded questioner who either cannot recognize I've already answered his trivial questions or is just trolling me. Go away.
  • Valentinus

If you have a thesis you think opposes another, state what that is.
    Badgering other people to answer leading questions is juvenile.
  • RogueAI

My thesis couldn't be simpler: it's silly, nonsensical, and counterproductive to doubt one's own consciousness. Do you think you might not be conscious, Valentinus? Are you a P-zombie???
    (no)
  • Prishon
    Do you think you might not be conscious, Valentinus? Are you a P-zombie???RogueAI

Valentinus smiled. Without knowing he opened his mouth and with gut hunger he devowered. Pure-zombie tears left his bloodshed eyes which blurred his P-zombie vision. His zombiedondy bud opened while stumbling away in searh for next fresh flesh. To leave a message: no shit?

No, seriously. The hard consciousness problem. How can it be solved by matter and information only?
  • Valentinus

It is pleasant to be cast in exciting movies that I will never appear in. I appreciate the attention.
    I have no idea what you are talking about, however.
    I meant to discourage rude behavior and now I am in a Fellini movie, riding with others in a car, wondering what the other passengers are on.
  • RogueAI
    Badgering other people to answer leading questions is juvenile.Valentinus

"Do you think it's possible you're not conscious when you're replying to people?" is a "leading question"? Lol.
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.