• I like sushi
    The term ‘I’ is merely the verbal projection of yourself amongst other selves.

Such language as this (being used here) can be used in a way that seems cut off from any ‘other’ but in all seriousness this is an impossibility as we cannot actively use such language completely independent from how it has come to establish itself (ie. communication among and between persons).

Self has specific meanings specific psychological theories.

Language, and the terms used therein, are ‘actions’. The term ‘I’ is an action of referring to something just like ‘walking’ is the act of marking out another action (walking) without necessarily doing said action.

There are so many ways to get lost within terms. Be careful.
  • Jack CumminsAccepted Answer

Perhaps, it is worth getting lost in the terms at times and stepping into the murky areas of confusion. Perhaps, it may be worth taking risks, rather than being 'careful', because it may be that rethinking leads to new possibilities...
  • Agent Smith
    The other side of the coin :point: What is Change?
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.