• TheMadFool
    It's always been like that. So, long as the US has a bogeyman to frighten its people with, it can get away with anything: exotic WMDs, unethical experimentation, and so on. People, once they're told that there's an enemy that's different from them - racially, linguistically, geographically, culturallly, etc. - they'll completely ignore the fact that they kill and hurt each other by the millions (crime).

The murder count in USA for 2021 20,000.

The death toll in the Syrian civil war for 2018 20,000.

There's a civil war in the USA but that's ok, Chinese & Russians (people who haven't killed a single US citizen) are the real problem.

Same goes for China, Russia, other countries as well.
  • TheMadFool
    the Chinese market!Tom Storm

Yes...it all boils down to dollar bills! No such thing as cheap thrills. Sorry Sia.
  • tim wood
    there is no such thing as race
    — tim wood

I tend to stay away from threads about race, but I’m interested in what this means. Just seems arcane to me since I don’t participate in those kinds of threads.
    khaled

It means even here in this forum have been referenced numerous videos making clear that there is no such thing as race and never was, it being a 19th century invention. Not to be confused with the obvious fact that one individual differs from another. Among the ideas is that any division between people is arbitrary and artificial, or at least superficial, the differences continuous instead of discrete. Do some research. And once learned, the ignorance and stupidity, never mind the viciousness, behind most ideas of race then leap out as obvious.
  • khaled
    division between people is arbitrary and artificial, or at least superficial, the differences continuous instead of discretetim wood

Gotcha.
  • khaled
    I thought you meant differences between individuals don’t exist. You clarified.
  • TiredThinker

If actors can only play characters of their own demographic what room is there to act? There would be no black Annie or Hamilton or Glenn Close as Abraham Lincoln. Lol. Why not have everyone just be themselves in that case?
  • TiredThinker

I wasn't familiar with the Dr. Strange character until Cumberbatch took the role. Otherwise might of skipped the film. But at least now Downey Jr. can finally play Holmes again. Lol.
  • Tom Storm
    Me neither. I never read comics as a kid and I don't like superhero films but I've caught a few on streaming services over the years. Last time I went to the cinema was around 10 years ago.
  • TiredThinker

I haven't been to the movies in at least a year until yesterday I saw Ghostbusters Afterlife. Good movie. Goser needed work though. I literally was the only person in the theater. Strange times we live in.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.