• clemogo
    I just created my account today, and I wrote 5 discussion posts about topics that I have been mulling over for months. When I clicked 'post discussion' for each of these, a message popped up saying that they were queued for moderation. I looked elsewhere in the Feedback forum, and in another discussion some people were saying that a discussion post should post immediately unless it has been automatically flagged for foul language, etc. in which case the moderators will check it out.
    I'm wondering why my posts have all been flagged, especially since none of then have any foul language? And roughly how long should it take for them to get approved or rejected?
  • Michael
    We made a recent change that requires a user's first 5 posts to be approved by moderators before they can post freely. I've approved your queued posts.
  • Alkis Piskas
    We made a recent change that requires a user's first 5 posts to be approved by moderators before they can post freely. I've approved your queued posts.Michael
    Have you notified people about that? If so, where? How can a newcomer know that? Not even older members know about it!
  • Outlander
    Have you notified people about that? If so, where? How can a newcomer know that? Not even older members know about it!Alkis Piskas

It would be nice for the "Blog" link to have a purpose for existing other than filling out the header bar. That or some new pinned topics for once, even temporarily.
  • T Clark

As you've discovered, the forum is imperfect. Welcome.
  • Alkis Piskas
    It would be nice for the "Blog" link to have a purpose for existing other than filling out the header bar. That or some new pinned topics for once, even temporarily.Outlander
    Can't see how all this relates to notifying people about the 5-posts trial period ... :chin:
  • Outlander
    I take it back. This is good policy. In fact it should be stricter. Perhaps though with a notice in bold included in the "Site Guidelines" topic. That way everybody's happy.

Then again.. they say first impressions dictate the assumed nature of an unfamiliar person. That's how people end up hacked to death in pieces in separate boxes floating down the river by a "charming" stranger. I've signed up to many sites and met many people in a less than sober state. That doesn't mean what was offered then and there is the crux of what could be. It's a meritorious question.
  • Mental Forms
    Hello,

I’m a new member & my comments have been queued for moderation. I was hoping that you could approve mine? They’re not inappropriate & don’t include foul language. So I don’t get what’s with the long wait, or the disapproval if that’s the case.

Thanks.
  • Michael
    Sorry, I've been too busy the last few days to come on here, and I guess the other moderators are the same. They've been approved now and as you have more than 5 approved you can post freely.
  • Mental Forms
    Thanks so much for replying & approving my posts. It’s greatly appreciated. Also, I’m sorry again for trying to reach out to you so many times (with apparent disregard for your personal life & free time), I was just quite eager to post & interact; so, again, my apologies.

P.S., In the “Feedback” category, I made a thread that’s entitled “Queuing for moderation” which inquires about what you’ve just answered here in your reply to me, so I think that it should be deleted because it’s superfluous now.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.