• dimosthenis9
    Your refusal or inability to do this speaks volumes.Kenosha Kid

More says your refusal to answer my questions, though I keep answering all yours.
    Again I tell you that if you want to go by the typical definition of life, viruses meet some criteria, fail in others.
    The "evidence" that you ask, are already there.It's just that some don't consider them enough as to declare viruses alive, but others do. So i don't know what more you want me to tell you.To invent more abilities of viruses as proof? Well sorry, but I m not capable of doing that.

Their variations,their structure, their evolution progress and also their key role that they play in the general web of life of species etc are more than enough evidence for me (as for many others too) to consider them alive. You don't. So ok.
    I drop it, cause it seems we keep recycling the same things all the time.
  • dimosthenis9
    So, viruses are alive! Naked. Without a naked body. In between the naked nudidity of the virus and the free naked human beauty, live dressed organisms like bacteria,Raymond

Viruses among others, play a key role in the chain of life in all species. Evolution takes place in them but also evolution uses them as to generate new life. So yeah they surely should be considered alive. Despite how "shocking" that might sound to some.
  • Raymond
    So yeah they surely should be considered alive. Despite how "shocking" that might sound to some.dimosthenis9

I wholeheartedly agree! It appears to be the primordial form that even survived to these days and a world of life without them (or bacteria, which have their own ribosomes, contrary to the virus) seems indeed impossible. Viruses are like some necessary ingredient for the whole spectrum of life (to which it belongs too). Without viruses, life would be sent to oblivion.
  • Agent Smith
    Airborne DNA. Could viruses have been shed skin/ lung tissue? The prodigal son returns! The Father embraces his son.
  • dimosthenis9
    Viruses are like some necessary ingredient for the whole spectrum of life (to which it belongs too).Raymond

Exactly.
  • dimosthenis9

I think now I got your point .Just realized that the real question actually goes much much deeper.
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.