• Ree Zen
    I was trying to respond to comments on my post, but it has been removed. Do you know why it was removed? It was removed at this link: https://thephilosophyforum.com/discussion/comment/646808
  • SophistiCat
    Probably because the opening post was too bare of thought. Also, there's been a shitload of threads on free will (as on any philosophy forum).
  • Agent Smith
    Do a search (TPF has a search feature) of old threads. See if the topic you're interested already has a thread. If it does, post in it. If not...start a new thread. That's what I do.... Different strokes for different folks though. To each his own. Good luck!
  • T Clark
    I was trying to respond to comments on my post, but it has been removed. Do you know why it was removed?Ree Zen

Suggest you contact one or two of the moderators in a private message. There's a list of moderators under "Members" at the top of the page. Pick a couple who are currently online. Also, sometimes they incorporate threads into other existing ones if the subjects are similar.

Moderators are usually not very considerate about letting people know why their stuff has been removed. Pisses me off too.
  • Gnomon
    I was trying to respond to comments on my post, but it has been removed. Do you know why it was removed?Ree Zen
    Sometimes they move your post to another current thread on the same topic. But they should leave a note to that effect. You are welcome to add your comments to the long-running thread below. But your angle may be different enough to warrant a new thread. :smile:

Free Will and Other Popular Delusions
    https://thephilosophyforum.com/discussion/comment/631949
  • Banno
    Why was my post on Free Will taken down? Presumably because a mode chose to exercise their free will.

There need be no further explanation.
  • Wayfarer
    The post was of insufficient quality according to the guidelines. They had no choice.
  • Banno
    Ah, but they are always free to breach the guidelines! Their will to power is All!
  • Wayfarer
    Point taken. :chin:
  • Banno
    Another chance to share my favourite Existentialist Comic: Candyland and the nature of the absurd

Satre as moderator. We can't have them denying their own freedom, now, can we.
  • Agent Smith
    They had no choice.Wayfarer

What's the difference between having no choice and nirvana?
  • Jamal
    I can't find it in the change log. When did you post it? Was it a discussion thread opening post, or a post in someone else's discussion? If the latter, which one?

I can see a couple of your posts about free will here:
    https://thephilosophyforum.com/discussion/10364/libets-experiment-and-its-irrelevance-to-free-will/p2
  • Tom Storm
    What's the difference between having no choice and nirvana?Agent Smith

Not sure but it reminds me of Nietzsche's famous final line from On The Genealogy of Morality -

"Man would rather will nothingness than not will."
  • Baden
    Just had a look too in the change log, nothing there from you for the past week at least.
  • Srap Tasmaner

Reminds me of one of my favorite jokes:

King Frederick of Prussia gathered his court scientists (i.e., philosophers) and asked them why a dead fish weighs more than a live fish. They each in turn offered a theory to explain this curious fact, and then he pointed out that it does not.
  • Ree Zen
    Thanks for looking into this. I posted a discussion thread opening post on January 22, 2022. Sophisticat and Wayfarer were among the 9 responses to the discussion, but I couldn't read what they said before the discussion was removed. I can repost the discussion; but if it was taken down because of a mistake I made, I don't want to repeat the mistake. Let me know if you find it.
  • Srap Tasmaner

I recall the thread, and I believe I deleted what appeared to me to be a later duplicate post of the OP. I remember looking a couple times to figure out what was up, and assumed it was a mistake. I left the discussion standing as it was, I believe.

Entirely possible I botched this operation somehow, and if so I apologize.

Your OP was short, broad, and open-ended. Another mod may have looked askance at that.

If you're still of a mind, just take another whack at it.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.