• gikehef947
    A man missed a wrench. He suspected the neighbor's son. "He walks like a thief", he told himself. "Smile like a thief," he hoped. "And he dresses like a thief." He started to get irritated when he saw the young man. He disliked him. He flushed with rage at the sight of it. Some time later, the man found the lost wrench under a pile of books. However, the contempt he felt for the neighbor's son did not change.
  • T Clark
    You should give us more to work with. I don't see any philosophical issue here.
  • Nils Loc
    This is flash fiction. Join the thread.

What does "in-moral" mean? I suppose it means not moral in the way the prefix works with inflexible. But shouldn't the word immoral suffice?
  • Primperan
    neighbor's son. "He walks like a thief", he told himself. "Smile like a thief," he hoped. "And he dresses like a thief." He started to get irritated when he saw the young man. He disliked him. He flushed with rage at the sight of it. Some time later, the man found the lost wrench under a pile of books. However, the contempt he felt for the neighbor's son did not change.[/quote]

The evil that a man does persists, even without reason.
  • Juan Damasceno
    “The legend tells that, in a Buddhist monastery located on an almost inaccessible slope of the cold and steep mountains of the Himalayas, one fine day one of the oldest guardian monks died.

They performed his own Tibetan rituals for those occasions, full of deep respect and mysticism.

However, it was necessary for some other monk to take over the duties of the vacant post of guardian. He must find the proper monk to carry them out.

The Grand Master summoned all the disciples of the monastery to determine who would occupy the honorable position of guardian.

The Master, very quietly and calmly, placed a magnificent small table in the center of the huge room in which they were gathered and on top of it, placed an exquisite porcelain vase, and in it, a yellow rose of extraordinary beauty and said:

“He's the problem here. He will assume the position of Honorable Guardian of our monastery the first monk to solve it.

Everyone was amazed looking at that scene: A vase of great value and beauty, with a wonderful flower in the center.

The monks remained petrified in the most respectful silence, sunk in their internal questions...

What would that beautiful vase of flowers represent? What to do with it? What could be the enigma enclosed in such a delicate beauty? Would it symbolize the temptations of the world? Could it be something as simple as the flower needing water?

There were so many questions...

At a certain moment, one of the disciples drew a sword, looked at the Grand Master and all of his companions, went to the center of the room and… bang! It destroyed everything in one hit.

As soon as the disciple returned to his place, the Great Teacher said:

―Someone has dared not only to provide a solution to the problem, but to eliminate it. Let us honor our Guardian of the Monastery.
  • gikehef947

1. Why do we have these fancy vases in a monastery with a vow of poverty?
    2. Roses don't grow that tall... who the hell brings a rose to a monastery?
    3. But why the hell does that psycho have a sword!
    4. The Grand Master saying to himself, "Damn, I appreciated that fancy vase. It was my best work... I already knew I shouldn't have put it to the test, none of these idiots were going to notice that." It bears my signature and this Hulk goes and breaks it. But it will be better not to make this fucking madman with the sword nervous. I'm going to say that we make him a guardian and we'll see how you can get rid of him later...

In summary: Never argue with an obviously crazy armed guy.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.