• Jack Cummins

I was just looking at your post and I thinking about mindfulness and someone becoming a suicide bomber. It may be that mindfulness could make someone less critical in thinking and more complacent in following out acts. However, it could be that mindfulness enables a person to gain distance from destructive thoughts through enabling less reactivity. The psychology of a suicide bomber is probably complex though, independently of the issue of mindfulness. Perhaps, if people grew up with a philosophy of mindfulness they would gain greater awareness of thoughts and feelings, allowing for greater clarity of self awareness generally.
  • Heracloitus
    Those who would go on a suicide terror mission are driven by ideology, their thoughts have taken the reigns. This is not in the least bit mindfulness.

Mindfulness is not complacency, it is total awareness.
    Mindfulness is not a state of detachment, it is pure presence.

Ultimately, talking about mindfulness will not reveal what it really is. Words are inadequate after a certain point. Direct experience is required.
  • Jack Cummins

I do try to experiment with mindfulness in different ways, but improvise mostly. I did go to a silent meditation in Central London a couple of days and tried to do it there. Only one person was present and he slept mostly. I almost fell asleep myself and that has never happened in a group situation before, because I am conscious of others. I do think that there is some benefit from meditation in a group although it is easy to get distracted by other people.
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet