• Varde
    Knowledge is one's intellect on subject matters understood in a practical sense (sense; mentality; juxtaposition:~r 'sense').

Wisdom is a cubic advantage (height, width, depth, length, maxth, boxth) over knowledge.

Knowledge is not a measure of intellect, but rather how one uses it's intellect statistically; being knowledgeable, is as simple as having the right means to an end.

Wisdom, on the other hand, is the opposite; a measure of intellect - raw intellect.

For example, intelligence concerning "The War in Ukraine" is first surmounted and reconciled with (a state of being wise), for a wise man to formulate a credible interpretation (the product that in peer review measures one's intellect).

Therefore, it is not about being knowledgeable; that is a passive ability that is more concerned with body than it is mind, but rather, being wise; not of what one knows, but of what one understands at the time of an event-horizon.

Author's Note: I created this thread as I believe that people incorrectly understand the word 'knowledgeable', that it is a facet we merit, rather than warm to; in other words it is a dimension of health concerning intellect rather than a dimension of skill concerning intellect.
  • Josh Alfred

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hierarchy_of_the_sciences

Would you care to try to conceptualize how the "cubic advantage" takes place within Holistic Science or separately say in any field of science?
  • Banno
    Knowledge is about how to do things.

Wisdom is about what to do.
  • Alkis Piskas
    nowledge is one's intellect on subject matters understood in a practical senseVarde
    Knowledge is facts, information, and skills acquired through experience or education.
    Intellect has to do with reasoning and understanding, i.e. nothing to do with knowledge.
  • god must be atheist
    Knowledge is about how to do things.

Wisdom is about what to do.
    Banno

Agreed. Wisdom is also about what not to do.

Similarly, knowledge is also what how to do it not.
  • Varde
    Pain over.

Thinking of it in the way I suggested is painful. It's more see-through, doesn't appear.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.