• dimosthenis9
    I don't see how you can remove everything humanish from a truth which is a sentence in a human languagePie

I wrote many times "as possible".

The very idea of some stuff on the other side of everything humanish seems (humanishly) "mystique nor metaphysical."Pie

It does not have to be" on the other side".

I suggest that the beliefs we can be most confident about are those that it makes no sense to deny...because denying them is incoherentPie

I agree. That's why for statements like: "I exist", "my mind exists", "universe exists" (or better if you want "something exists" etc. me, personally, I have all the proof I need. And I find it a total "waste of thinking" to actually deny or doubt about that.
  • dimosthenis9
    My point is that moral absolutes are evil because they encourage abiding by rules rather than using your own conscience. For example, how many people perpetuate evil policies with the bland excuse of "I was just following orders"Yohan

Well yeah, there are some grey zones in moral issues but there are some absolutes also, imo. "Not killing Joe" is one of these for example.
    And if conscience of some people isn't enough as to understand it, then better for the rest of us that there is a "rule" making that absolute immoral.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.