• Agent Smith
    Buddhism is a hundred times as realistic as Christianity it is part of its living heritage that it is able to face problems objectively and coolly; it is the product of long centuries of philosophical speculation.
    — The Antichrist
    Re: "The Euthyphro" – God is irrelevant (vide Epicuus). :fire:

↪Agent Smith If it's a profoundly good or funny book, then I'll need to read it again ... and again ... and again ....
    180 Proof

Stuff that matter

1. Good 2. Funny 3. Left to the reader as an exercise

Is there an hierarchy? I listed the two things that matter (to 180 Proof, I agree) horizontally so that people won't assume one is more/less important than the other.

The floor is open for comments ...
  • 180 Proof
    Only in profundity.
  • Agent Smith
    Only in profundity.180 Proof

Of course, of course.

Life, some say, is a cruel joke :lol: (weep + laugh)

Heraclitus, the weeping philosopher :cry: . Anicca or panta rhei (life is cruel).

Democritus, the laughing philosopher :grin: The Myth of Sisyphus (Absurdism) by Albert Camus (life is a joke). We must imagine Sisyphus happy.
  • 180 Proof
    Life, some say, is a cruel joke :lol: (weep + laugh)

Heraclitus, the weeping philosopher :cry: . Anicca or panta rhei (life is cruel).

Democritus, the laughing philosopher :grin: (life is a joke).
    Agent Smith
    Wings of the absurd (Zapffe-Camus-Rosset).
  • Agent Smith
    Wings of the absurd (Zapffe-Camus-Rosset).180 Proof

I'm in your debt señor! If you think of anything interesting do post in this thread.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.