UFOs

1234Next
  • Baden

I took some time to respond as when dealing with genius one ought to choose one's words carefully. My considered opinion is that when we speak of "aliens", we are speaking primarily of stuff we've seen in movies, which I expect has little or nothing in common with actual aliens if there are any. The plot of this movie starring the U.S. congress and a few supposedly reliable witnesses won't be interesting to me until it starts to get significantly weirder.
  • L'éléphant
    I didn't buy the ticket. I want a real freak show, not modalities and scenarios.

A two-prong dilemma doesn't count.
  • Hanover
    My considered opinion is that when we speak of "aliens", we are speaking primarily of stuff we've seen in movies, which I expect has little or nothing in common with actual aliens if there are any.Baden

Yet the witnesses only speak of sightings that are very much in human terms, just super human. As in these other worldly critters can move faster and are more agile than us, like they're maybe 100 years more advanced than us, or maybe just 25 or 10, who knows? Maybe they are us. That's the old boring standby.

My point though is well taken though, which sounds a bit narcissistic I guess in that I'm taking my point well, which is that there is a tendency in polite society to say things like "interesting perspective" when what we really mean is "interesting someone as rational as you appear would have that perspective."

That's usually the response I get to my religious views.

My most interesting trait is my self-awareness. I'm even aware of it, which makes it all the more interesting.
  • Wayfarer
    From a current Washington Post OP on the hearings:

"The panel’s national security subcommittee brought in, as its star witness, one David Grusch, a former Defense Department intelligence official who now claims:

• That there are “quite a number” of “nonhuman” space vehicles in the possession of the U.S. government.
    • That one “partially intact vehicle” was retrieved from Italian dictator Benito Mussolini in 1933 by the United States, acting on a tip from Pope Pius XII.
    • That the aliens have engaged in “malevolent activity” and “malevolent events” on Earth that have harmed or killed humans.
    • That the U.S. government is also in possession of “dead pilots” from the spaceships.
    • That a private defense contractor is storing one of the alien ships, which have been as large as a football field.
    • That the vehicles might be coming “from a higher dimensional physical space that might be co-located right here.”
    • That the Roswell, N.M., alien landing was real, and the Air Force’s debunking of it was a “total hack job.”
    • And that the United States has engaged in a nearly century-long “sophisticated disinformation campaign” (apparently including murders to silence people) to hide the truth.

Alas, Grusch has no documents, photos or other evidence to corroborate any of his fantastic claims. It’s classified, you see. ...

Some of the House’s leading conspiracy theorists — Republicans Matt Gaetz, Paul Gosar, Virginia Foxx, James Comer — took seats on the dais... Many in the audience, who lined up for a seat in the room, applauded the beaming witnesses when they entered. And for more than two hours, Republicans on the subcommittee indulged in otherworldly accusations of a government coverup.

Rep. Anna Paulina Luna (R-Fla.) proposed that the government is trying “to gaslight Americans into thinking that this is not happening.” Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.) accused the government of “misdirection,” and Mace suggested the United States acted “unlawfully.” Complaints about overclassification even came from the Democratic side. ...

“The coverup goes a lot deeper” than politics, Rep. Tim Burchett (R-Tenn.) argued, vowing “to uncover the coverup” perpetrated by the Pentagon and the intelligence community. “You can’t trust a government that does not trust its people.” Burchett said he would like to visit Area 51 or other locations purportedly housing alien spaceships, but “as soon as we announce it, I’m sure the moving vans pull up.”

Asked by Burchett whether he knew people who had been “harmed or injured in efforts to cover up or conceal these extraterrestrial technology,” Grusch said, “Yes, personally.”

“Anyone been murdered?” Burchett asked.

Grusch said he had to be “careful” about answering. ...

The truth is out there. Just don’t expect to learn it from the alien life forms currently running the People’s House."

It's depressingly political.
  • Tom Storm
    Will it just end up being Pizzagate with aliens?
  • Wayfarer
    pretty much :meh:
  • Sam26
    I've been skeptical of these sightings for years until recently. The Navy has been tracking these off the east coast and also off the west coast, and Navy pilots have seen these UAPs up close (within 50'). They're definitely not anything we have. The technology is just to advanced. These things fly at enormous speeds and their maneuvering is beyond anything we can do, and they can fly equally well in water. If there is some other country that has these vehicles, then they are way ahead technologically. It's not even close. They could pretty much do what they want. These same vehicles were sighted decades ago, so the technology, if us, would have been around for over 50 years. It doesn't make sense.

There are only a few possible answers to what they could be. First, it's something that we've had for decades and it's remained hidden. Second, they are hallucinations, which doesn't make sense since many of them are tracked on multiple radar systems. Third, it's an intelligence that's been here on Earth but has remained hidden, which would be really weird. Fourth, their from some other place in our galaxy or some other place in another galaxy. This would mean that they've found some way to traverse space beyond anything we could imagine. Maybe they can bend space, but that would take enormous power. Fifth, they're from another dimension. Take your pick. No one really knows. All I know is that there has been some really weird shit happening, and it's not just in America, it's around the world. The Russians have been having many of the same sightings.
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.

More Discussions