• Darkneos
    I found this on a forum and the title of the thread was Translucense:

1. To make something clear, through rhetoric or rather the use of words, is to make something transparent in the respect that it is now "see through" as its definition allows one to see connections that go beyond said thing. This "seeing through" allows the now clear thing to no longer be a barrier to understanding as its limits become transparent as a result of its perceived connections.

2. The observation of change is the observation of transparency as the phenomenon changing into another is the phenomenon being seen through another thus showing a vacuous yet clear, or rather 'see through', nature to being.

3. It is difficult to rationalize the Truth as rationalization requires the dividing up of said Truth, through definitions, with this division resulting in hindrances as the fine lines of definitions now become barriers.

4. Order requires boundaries. Boundaries require a distinction. A distinction requires a standing apart of one thing from another. This "standing apart" results in contradiction. Order is contradiction.

5. If all is boundaries, and boundaries are distinctions from other boundaries (otherwise without distinction there would be no boundary), then there is a boundary between boundaries thus making the boundary as a contradictive in nature. This contradiction makes the boundary as fundamentally 'see through', thus no longer a boundary, considering the opposition of boundaries makes the nature of the boundary as empty as the act of standing apart through distinction creates a gap through separation; the boundary is a gap and the gap is empty of distinction. This emptiness of the boundary makes it paradoxically not a boundary thus there is nothing is stop one from seeing through it to further boundaries.

Like...does this make any sense or is it just nonsense? Personally nothing here tracks, especially the part about order. IT's just asserted with nothing to show how. If anything it contradicts the first part about connections.

I'm also fairly sure they don't understand the word contradiction.
  • jgill
    1. Seems OK. Beyond that it fizzles off into babbling, IMO.
  • Darkneos
    Number 1 was about the most clear thing said, and that's being generous. Though transparency has more to do with making something understood. To make something clear means it's understood, like what someone means by a word or something.

Though number 4 is just...nonsense. Doesn't explain how order is a contradiction. It might have something to do with 2 but 2 is playing with a MASSIVELY loose definition of transparency. Though even by all definitions it still doesn't make sense. The word has nothing to do with barriers but understanding.

Overall though it's just a bunch of assertions without anything to back it.
  • jgill
    A waste of time, I think.
  • Darkneos
    not some sort of secret mystical wisdom if you look hard enough?
  • jgill
    ↪jgill
    not some sort of secret mystical wisdom if you look hard enough?
    Darkneos

If one meditated continuously on a bear turd in the forest eventually there would be a moment of enlightenment.
  • Darkneos
    you may have a point there. I guess some part of my brain thinks it’s some cryptic wisdom only discerning minds can understand
  • Darkneos
    So it’s just nonsense?
  • jgill
    Best to put this baby to beddy bye. :cool:
  • Srap Tasmaner

I mean, there's some stuff in there that's kinda okay, or at least a start on something that might be interesting, but the style in which it is written is a dead giveaway that it's bullshit.
  • Darkneos
    Yeah unfortunately the forum I got it from has people who think that metaphysics means I can just say vaguely say spiritual bullshit and call it philosophy.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.