• Spencer Thurgood
    Good evening my friends, or good morning as the case maybe.

I have recently been honored with the invitation to join your ranks and so take the crucial first step by introducing myself. I am an individual who prizes the humanistic ability of choice above all else. In the argument of nature versus nurture, I say that neither rules us. They influence us as a counselor might advise a royal subject, but nothing more. We are able to choose of ourselves that which we will do and as such able to rise above tendencies brought on by either.

This is the bedrock of my views on the world and the lens through which my opinion filters reality.

I enjoy more then anything learning to see the world through the lenses of others. From the many lenses I have looked through, I believe that the world shares far more common themes then it does differing ones. To quote a chef friend of mine, "often situations are like a recipe. Generally, the basic ingredients are the same. The difference comes from of the unique spices in each dish."

Anyway, thank you for the invite and I look forward to discussing various topics on this thread.
  • Jamal
    Welcome Spencer :smile:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.