• praxis
    Who: They are the modern aristocracy.Vera Mont

I think their best trick is brainwashing you into believing that people like Jeff Bezos are nobility. They have money and the power and influence that comes with money, that is all.

subliminal messagesVera Mont

Tinfoil hats effectively block these messages, as I’m sure you’re aware.
  • Mikie
    Did I mention reaction videos?

Here’s another two from Twitter:

- People using the form “x: bla blah blah ; y: hold my beer”

- people ending their posts with “That’s it. That’s the post.”

Ughh…it’s so stupid and conformist it makes me hostile. Who does this stuff?

I need to stop even skimming Twitter anymore.
  • L'éléphant
    Referring to pure fiction, like Orwellian Newspeak, as though it were something real.praxis
    Yes, and other similar pieces.

Another annoyance -- referring to "War and Peace" whenever one means "lengthy" without ever having read the book. It's fucking 1,400 pages, written by Tolstoy!

"Oh, he wrote me a war and peace email just to explain the procedure".

Don't do this or I might as well quiz you on the novel.

(I did not read the book)
  • Vera Mont
    I did not read the bookL'éléphant

It was actually pretty good. Not that much longer than LOTR, and it made a lot more sense then Finnegan's Wake.
    People who quote their favourite dead philosopher as if he had the final truth of everything.
  • L'éléphant
    People who quote their favourite dead philosopher as if he had the final truth of everything.Vera Mont
    Maybe they do.
  • Vera Mont
    Maybe they do.L'éléphant

All of them?
  • L'éléphant
    All of them?Vera Mont
    No! Are you serious? Nietzsche was wrong.
  • Vera Mont
    Nietzsche was wrong.L'éléphant
    Oh. In that case, I should only be annoyed at people who quote him. I'll try...
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.