• an-salad
    Honestly, I’m not 100% sure it was real, and I’m not 100% sure it was faked. I could go either way. What do you think?
  • 180 Proof
    Without any compelling grounds to doubt that any of the moon landings had happened, I believe none of them were "faked".
  • 0 thru 9
    The moon is flat. It spins around like a giant coin in the sky.
    That why it sometimes appears smaller.
    Astronauts didn’t report this flatness, thus it was all a fake! :sparkle: :lol: :monkey:
  • Nils Loc
    The conspiracy slope is a slippery slope. The more facts you'd convince yourself to doubt the steeper the slope becomes, until you can't get out of well you've slipped into. Paranoia is a strange illness (thinking you're being lied to in this case).

I toured the Kennedy Space Center and got to see all that mammoth infrastructure for launching stuff into space. Why would the powers that be go through the trouble such an elaborate and expensive hoax.

If we don't deny/doubt that we can launch satellites into space. Why is it so hard to believe we could launch humans into space?

To start believing in dumb conspiracies would be horrible for my health. It would generate too much anxiety in me. For example, being convinced of solipsism to the point of paranoiac compulsive-obsession (this is truly awful).
  • Vera Mont
    No. It was a long time ago, makes no never-mind to nobody anymore. Don't worry your pretty little head about it. Instead, don't bother to stay awake worrying about who will place nuclear weapons there first.
  • punos

Just for fun: In a speculative and hypothetical scenario, it is possible that the Moon landing was both real and faked simultaneously. It is not uncommon for governments to desire control over the information that the public and rival states are exposed to for various reasons. Given the uncertainty of what could be found or occur on the Moon, government intelligence agencies may have been uncomfortable with the unknown. As it was not feasible to keep the Moon landing a secret from the public, it is plausible that a secret studio was established using the lunar terrain replicas from the movie "2001: A Space Odyssey" (the Moon landing happened in 1969, and the film was released a year earlier in 1968). The intention was to broadcast live on television, but if anything were to happen or if they discovered something they wished to keep confidential, they could simply delay the feed (as is done in live TV and radio) to monitor what was being broadcast before it was made public. If necessary, they could switch to the fake feed, and the public would be none the wiser.

This scenario bears some resemblance to the plot of the film "Wag the Dog" starring Dustin Hoffman and Robert De Niro, except that it involves the Moon instead of a war.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.