• AmadeusD
    Any other NZers on here?
  • Hanover
    OTP. I'm not an ITP sort of person.
  • jgill
    and now Russia but not for much longer!Jamal

Escape before you're drafted! I hear Putin is even militarizing migrants.
  • Jamal
    I hear Putin is even militarizing migrantsjgill

Thank you for your concern, but what do you mean by "militarizing"?

Conscription of foreigners is a rumour that has been spread before on this site and elsewhere. I have to say I find it pretty annoying, and even irresponsible. As far as I know, migrants can be drafted if they've attained citizenship, as you'd expect, and non-citizens cannot be drafted.

If you know otherwise, let me know.
  • jgill
    I have to say I find it pretty annoying, and even irresponsible.Jamal

I apologize if I have offended you. I seem to have misinterpreted the situation.

Radio Free Europe

Al Jazeera

BBC
  • Jamal

:up:

Btw I would never describe myself as being “offended” by such inaccurate rumours, and wouldn’t want to give that impression.
  • Lionino
    I was born in England, lived in Canada, USA, Belize and have lived in Honduras since '75.Sir2u

So cool, why Honduras if you don't mind me asking? How does it differ from, say, Guatemala or Costa Rica?
  • Sir2u
    So cool, why Honduras if you don't mind me asking? How does it differ from, say, Guatemala or Costa Rica?Lionino

My father was a captain on a ship that ran between New Orleans and several other parts of the gulf coast to Honduras and other parts of Central America.
    When I was a teenager I used to travel a lot with him and just loved this place. Later he moved down here and I followed a few years later.

Guatemala is a nice place, but back in the 60's and 70's it was not really pro British. They had a claim against England that British Honduras was theirs. It later became Belize and independent.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.