• dani
    Hey~

My vision:
    We send each other voice notes explaining what we're learning about, or interesting things we've heard recently. It can be a weekly thing, or a every-couple-of-days thing. It's casual!

Context:
    This is coming from my not having anybody to talk to about what I'm learning, just from fear of boring them. Yet I know that explaining what you're learning is one of the best ways to actually learn it. And I know I wouldn't be bored listening to whatever is interesting to the other person.

Also it would be rewarding to riff off each other, finding different angles and nuggets about what we're interested in at the moment!

A little about me:
    I'm 27 and just starting to learn about philosophy. I don't want to send texts, I'd only be in for voice notes.

If you think this sounds fun and rewarding, please comment below :D
  • AmadeusD
    Yes. I had this going with a friend from a Facebook group but it fizzled out... on their end. LOL. I'm very interested in this type of thing
  • dani
    Oh yay! I'll send you a message
  • Mikie

I’ll do it— if there’s more than one slot :grin: . I’ll likely test your resolve with the whole “I won’t get bored” thing, though.
  • AmadeusD
    A group chat wouldn't go amiss, im sure @dani @Mikie
  • dani
    I'm gonna DM you :)
  • Daniel Duffy
    This would be a fun thing to do, maybe even like a Teams/Zoom meeting? OP - I am also just starting the philosophy journey and don't have many people to talk to!
  • AmadeusD
    Check ya DM's mate
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.