• Lionino
    Post your meals. Culinary fails (burned rice, soggy pasta, overcooked steaks) are also welcome. Don't be rude.
  • Lionino
    I start:
    Reveal
    tbCemu7.jpeg

Chicken breast with premade seasoning and oregano, with sweet potatoes, brocolli, and carrots on the olive oil and hawaiian salt.
  • Vera Mont
    Vegetarian cabbage rolls. I didn't actually cook them today, but two weeks ago. A small head of cabbage yields enough leaves for about six meals, preserved in the freezer for days when we're too busy to cook. Today, we have a couple of appointments in town, so a container of cabbage rolls is defrosting for tonight.
    The cabbage must be cored and then cooked whole in a large pot. As they become soft, I remove individual leaves, trim the hard vein, fill, tuck in the ends and lay the rolls on a bed of sauerkraut in a casserole. For filling, I use commercial veggie ground round* mixed with cooked quinoa, paprika, black pepper, caraway and cumin and little tomato paste. The casserole holds two layers of rolls with padding between. I make a thick roux with paprika and dilute it with hot water, enough to cover the contents of the casserole. Microwave for 30-40 minutes. Two rolls and a generous serving spoon of sauerkraut per serving, topped with a dollop of sour cream, accompanied by a slice of home-made rye bread.
  • Outlander
    I neither like nor appreciate how you awkwardly and clearly randomly placed your fork in the position it is exhibited in. It's as if you were some alien who has no concept of what consumption of food is and is simply required to convince others you are capable of eating or regularly practice the routine of such. Or introducing the concept of a fork to some forgotten race of people somewhere.

It's akin to witnessing someone utilizing a household floor vacuum on their driveway near the sidewalk. Unusual. If nothing else.

By the side of the plate, scooping up a morsel or piece of chicken, at the top of the plate horizontally, sure. But not this unforgivable anomaly you have cruelly sentenced all who click on this to endure.
  • Lionino
    I neither like nor appreciate how you awkwardly and clearly randomly placed your fork in the position it is exhibited in. It's as if you were some alien who has no concept of what consumption of food is and is simply required to convince others you are capable of eating or regularly practice the routine of such. Or introducing the concept of a fork to some forgotten race of people somewhere.Outlander

I rested the fork there so I could hold my phone. I took the picture nonchalantly and proceeded to eat. One of the rules of this thread is don't be rude, so I will refrain from calling you autistic.
  • Outlander
    One of the rules of this thread is don't be rude, so I will refrain from calling you autistic.Lionino

Happy to remind you of what your desires are, as I see you recently edited the post to now include after the fact. Free of charge this time. Lighten up. It's the Lounge. :razz:
  • Lionino
    Happy to remind you of what your desires are, as I see you recently edited the post to now include after the fact.Outlander

It was always there though :chin:
  • praxis
    I made an omelet with three pasture raised eggs, organic spinach, and cheddar cheese. Turned out great except for the pepper. My electric grinder ran out of peppercorns. :brow:
  • Hanover
    Chicken looks dry and the carrots unpeeled. I'm a huge opponent of boneless skinless chicken breasts because it loses what little moisture it had. It can only be saved by deep frying in the shape of dinosaurs for dino-bites and then doused with ketchup. Consider a side of fries and Kool Aid, and if you behave, a scoop of ice cream with gummy bears.
  • L'éléphant
    It can only be saved by deep frying in the shape of dinosaurs for dino-bites and then doused with ketchup.Hanover

:grin: don't mind the children, @Lionino.

Spiral pasta with pesto sauce -- just grind the fresh basil leaves, lots of olive oil, salt and pepper, and parmesan to the consistency you like. Serve with whatever pasta of your choosing. Top with sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil.
  • Lionino
    Not cooking, but for middle of the day food, real Greek yoghurt with protein powder, collagen, cinnamon, then French honey and chia seeds mixed in. That is usually my breakfast but since I did not have it today, I will have it as a middle of the day food to get those calories in. I typically put raw oat as well but I didn't buy it.

Spiral pasta with pesto sauceL'éléphant

Spiral pasta is fusili, right? My favourite kind of pasta, superior to penne let's agree. I had pasta with pesto alla genovese homemade in Italy once, absolutely loved it.
  • Hanover
    For breakfast: a layer of granola with chocolate chunks followed by a layer of vanilla flavored Greek yogurt, topped with sliced strawberries and blackberries.

For dinner, pork ribs slow cooked in the oven with a dry mesquite rub and then slathered with BBQ sauce and then broiled a short time, served with lime beans.

zx5qy02cgoe5xl2w.jpg
  • L'éléphant
    Spiral pasta is fusili, right? My favourite kind of pasta, superior to penne let's agree. I had pasta with pesto alla genovese homemade in Italy once, absolutely loved it.Lionino
    Fusili and their ilks. Yeah, I've given up on penne. Not my kind of pasta.
  • Hanover
    For formal affairs, I suggest bowtie pasta.
  • Lionino
    Reveal
    4fEfNBK.jpeg

Pasta, sauce basilic, grated cheese parmigiano reggiano. Vitamins in the cup. Not good, but not bad either.

For formal affairs, I suggest bowtie pasta.Hanover

They always slide off my fork. Next time I will eat them with chopsticks.
  • Vera Mont
    At my house, bowties are reserved for cabbage noodles. Fried cabbage requires a robust past to hold on to.
    I have 12 clear plastic jars of different pastas. Don't use the penne very often; prefer fusilli, fettuccine, linguini and small shells for most dishes; there are also Chinese fried noodles, rice angelhair, Ramen, orzo and vermicelli for soup. I quite like to include some orzo with a rice dish I make in the crock pot, with chopped vegetables.
    Lunch today was crepes filled with (leftover) mushroom paprika with sour cream. Nutella and ground walnuts in the dessert one.
  • L'éléphant

That's a good looking plate of pasta. Looks yummy. I am on the hunt for fatter fusillis.
  • Noble Dust
    Meal prep this week for dinner was chicken shawarma (marinated and cooked stovetop), a Turkish white bean salad recipe with tomato, parsley and lots of red onion, olive oil and red wine vinegar, garlic and sumac, pita bread and some amazing hummus from my favorite Syrian bakery. I've tried making hummus and it's never been smooth enough. I was going to make saffron rice but ran out of time, so bought some generic pita instead. Still a good, healthy Mediterranean meal.
  • Lionino
    That sounds good. For how many days do you meal prep? My chicken usually lasts for day of cooking + 3 days.
  • Noble Dust
    My chicken usually lasts for day of cooking + 3 days.Lionino

Pretty much exactly that.
  • Lionino
    Pretty much exactly that.Noble Dust

Great minds think alike.
  • Born2Insights
    I don't have a picture, but I had steak and broccoli today. It is already broken down and has gone through the digestive process. I like this forum!
  • Lionino
    Today I bought picanha and made it for me and my friend. One of the times when life is great.

5P6v3Wq.png
  • Lionino
    Meat of the day, maminha:
    xoGmsSU.jpeg
    An American cut, championed by Brazil. However the cow for this one comes from Poland. Like the picanha above came from de Nederlands, not ARG or BR.
    Cooked on the pan with French butter. Rice on the olive oil.
    Reveal
    qUgI0MV.jpeg

Good weekend to all.
  • javi2541997
    However the cow for this one comes from Poland.Lionino

We no longer have national products because we don't have the capacity to hold millions and millions of tons of food. We ask bigger countries to produce them. The other day, I bought minced pork and the pig was from Hungary. This surprised me, because we have a lot of swine farming.

By the way, your dish looks delicious. I tend to eat the meat with fries, not rice.
  • Lionino
    I did buy some fries, but the fries here are very fat and it gets hard to digest such heavy protein with heavy carbs.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.