• wonderer1
    Fifteen days ago...

You can choose bravery at any moment.
    — flannel jesus

Not to mention increase his competence at using logic. All for the low low price of admitting to having been a doofus.
    wonderer1

In retrospect it isn't courage that is lacking, so much as integrity. Seemingly, it's so easy to say, "I didn't know what I was talking about.", but seemingly impossible for Corvus.
  • Bylaw
    I did try discussing philosophy with you. You've perhaps forgotten. It had to do with cogito in a number of ways, including your incorrect interpretation of 'therefore'' no shame in that, English not being your native language. But I found your responses were not grounded in either philosophy or my posts. I think how people behave in a philosophy forum matters, but it seems in this case, you have no interest in feedback. Now I know that. Perhaps you haven't noticed how many people have arrived at very similar conclusions about you here. And people with a variety of differing opinions about the cogito. But, yeah, that's all probably a coincidence.

In any case, I thought you were moving forward. I am, in any case. I'll be ignoring you. I suggest you actually move forward yourself. Perhaps we'll have a lovely interaction on some other issue after a break.

Take care.
  • AmadeusD
    put his trust in ChatGPTLeontiskos

Neither did I trust, nor use ChatGPT. lol.
    to believe logical fallacies.Leontiskos

I didn't come to 'believe' anything.

“This is a philosophy forum, therefore everyone meets the minimum level of logical competence.” There needs to be better “handshaking”; a more cautious appraisal of the interlocutor’s competence. If this is not done then a great deal of time will be wasted on everyone’s part.Leontiskos

No one thinks this. Half the people here(including me, even in this exact case) note clearly and honestly what they are not ept in various ways. I actually told you, categorically, I don't know formal logic and stand behind nothing i posted.

What I think the forum needs is a reduction in the onanist tendancies of the self-obsessed in talking down to other forum-goers just trying to figure shit out. The immense failure of your comprehension in these comments leads me to think I am talking to closed ears, though.
123456Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.