• chiknsld
    How does knowledge gained by a teeny, weeny life-form on a teeny, weeny planet near the rim of an insignificant galaxy help the universe. Helps it to do what, that it could not do otherwise?

What constitutes power depends on the context of the power under consideration. There are many kinds of power. The possessor of knowledge may wield power in one realm, while the possessor of money wields power in another realm and the possessor of his fellow men's trust wields it in yet another.

Some kinds of knowledge can facilitate the acquisition of money, but inherited, stolen or otherwise unearned wealth supplies its owner with more freedom to wield power than someone has who must apply himself to wealth accumulation.

Of course money has no intrinsic value; it is assigned value arbitrarily by the social system that generates and uses it. Knowledge is assigned value according to what is known and who knows it.
    I don't see the universe requiring either to function.
    Vera Mont

I am sorry, but I simply cannot find a single thing in this monologue which is relevant. :snicker:

Take care though.
  • Vera Mont
    I am sorry, but I simply cannot find a single thing in this monologue which is relevant.chiknsld
    I'm sorry if you didn't understand it. I'll try to be more clear next time.
  • chiknsld
    I'm sorry if you didn't understand it.Vera Mont

:snicker:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal