• Leontiskos
    Resist.Baden

I'll drink to that.

---

This will not end well.Banno

Yes. As I argued elsewhere, I think the quick adoption is short-sighted.

---

plagiarismbongo fury

I want to say that the cultural morality of the West and especially the U.S. has shifted towards a consent-based system. We think that if everyone sees what you are doing and no one objects, then you haven't done anything wrong. Therefore lifting from LLMs is not seen as plagiarism because LLMs are not persons, and because the creators do not object to such lifting.

This obviously raises other questions, but of course on a (good!) philosophy forum objections do exist, as this thread demonstrates. The objection that is ready to hand is not plagiarism per se, but rather a concern with the quality of LLMs. I like your question because it raises the issue: If LLMs improve in quality would they then become acceptable on a philosophy forum?

(To be fair, the thread didn't fully shift to the criterion of quality until frank posted.)
  • frank
    To be fair, the thread didn't fully shift to the criterion of quality until frank posted.)Leontiskos

Excuse me?
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.