• wax1232
    Hello

Recently I read on Wikipedia that the Universe by definition is all that was, what is and what will be. Everything that was, what is or what will be, everything is part of it, right? So what if the universe ceased to exist? Is he, already non-existent, still part of this "system"? This "everythingness"? I do not know how to call it all where "is" our universe.

For example dinosaurs. Long ago they existed on our planet. They are gone now. But they are still part of the universe, right? So if the universe "dies", the dinzoaurs will continue to be part of it all? Are they already "encoded" into this "system", into that state that will come like the universe is over and even after the death of the universe will be part of this "all"? Everything that has happened in this universe, even after his death, will be part of "it"?

Just as everything that has happened in the Universe can not cease to be part of it, so the Universe that has existed can not stop being a part of "everythingness"? Just as dinosaurs will always be part of this huge universe, will our universe always be a part of the "where" it is? Part of "everything"? Where as dinosaurs no longer exist but have a share and part in all this and will always have it, so our universe which will not exist will also have its share and part in this "all" and will always have it because existed? Can we say that in another space-time dinosaurs existed to say that in another space-time there existed our universe?

When I say "everythingness" and "system" I mean where our universe is and where other universes may be. A place or state where other universes may be born. Something that has always been and will always be. Something in what all had happened. Other potential universes and ours.

P.S. Is it possible for our universe after death to leave absolutely nothing?
    Thanks!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.