• NOS4A2

You’re feeding a troll, Tim.

Foreign meddling, ladies and gentleman.
  • Wayfarer
    Indeed. I keep reminding myself of my Christmas wish, ‘Brexit is abandoned, Trump impeached.’ :wink:
  • tim wood
    You wrote, "or straight DNC propaganda." Some examples, please.
  • NOS4A2
    This “impeachment inquiry” (another phrase enters the political lexicon; Trump supporters will say “coup”) will be very interesting.

If what Pelosi and other Democrats allege is true, they probably have a case. Unfortunately, it’s on the basis of a complaint they have not yet seen describing a call they do not know. It’s nuts, and I’m surprised Pelosi agreed with it.
  • tim wood
    Here's your citation as evidence of "straight DNC propaganda."

"White House press secretary Stephanie Grishams criticized House Democrats in a statement tonight, saying that they have "destroyed any chances of legislative progress for the people of this country by continuing to focus all their energy on partisan political attacks."

She added that the administration will continue "laying out the facts."

Here's her full statement:

"Americans deserve elected officials who focus on key issues to improve the lives of families, strengthen our communities, grow our economy, and keep our country safe. In President Donald J. Trump they have someone who has not only focused on those goals, but delivered results.
    In a far departure from all of the work and results of this President, House Democrats have destroyed any chances of legislative progress for the people of this country by continuing to focus all their energy on partisan political attacks. Their attacks on the President and his agenda are not only partisan and pathetic, they are in dereliction of their Constitutional duty.
    The Trump Administration will continue to be vigorous in laying out the facts and standing up for the many forgotten men and women who elected him."

----

This is your evidence. Please explain how this is a demonstration of anything, other than that a new "tool" of Trump's will say anything.

And this is priceless: "The Trump Administration will continue to be vigorous in laying out the facts and standing up for the many forgotten men and women who elected him." There's not a word of truth in it.

Gloves off, nose-4, you piss me off. Now it's my self-appointed task to see if I can annoy you enough for you to leave.
  • Shawn
    Is this a hostage situation or what?
  • NOS4A2

This was my argument:

“We’ll see if the calls for impeachment and treason were legit or straight DNC propaganda.”

I merely merely had to link to the video of Pelosi calling for impeachment. We’ll see if it’s legit or “straight DNC propaganda” in due time. My evidence will be the transcript of Trump’s phone call. What will be yours?
  • tim wood

1) it's the case then that you have no evidence of any "straight DNC propaganda," else you would have referenced it here.
    2) You are now relying on an as yet non-existent transcript of an alleged phone call to be produced be a man for whom truth is a meaningless concept. .
    3) But the point you skate over without even a glance is that the point of all this is that there is a whistleblower complaint, processed through channels, that Trump blocked. Given the alleged nature of the call and with Trump's history, all very serious business.

In other words, it's still impeachable even if they merely exchanged doughnut recipes. But you know all this perfectly well and still write what you write, and that is what makes you a lying troll. Scott Peck wrote a book, The People of the Lie. The premise was that some people are so self-involved they tell lies to make their own broken worlds seem to them a little better, without any sense of either awareness or responsibility for the harm they do. Such people, he argues, aren't just sick, though sick they surely are, but also evil. That's you nose4, just an evil liar with a broken personal world trying be something, or somebody.
  • 3017amen
    It's sad to say but unfortunately the transcripts will probably be doctored up. Very reminiscent of the Watergate situation where Nixon doctored up transcripts.

But when the tape came out, that's when Nixon resigned.

By the way I'm a moderate independent.
  • frank
    He admitted it publicly.

But why is the US giving military support to Ukraine in the first place?

When Flint, MI hasn't had a drinkable water supply in some years now?

China needs to become the global policeman so the US can decline into a state of sanity.
  • 3017amen

...sure. It's all about where the priorities are... .

The official reason though is that it's apparently cheaper to give aid to that Soviet Union-bordering country than to fight wars, boots on the ground, and other aggression, etc...

And yes everyone in the global community needs to do their part. The problem is he apparently mixed partisan election politics.

It's unfortunately laughable since now he is part of the undrainable Swamp Team.

We need more Moderates in our political and religious institutions!
  • Michael
    According to Schiff, Trump didn't ask Ukraine to find evidence of wrongdoing but to manufacture it (although I'm not clear how he would know this). That's a strong accusation. The whistleblower is apparently going to speak to Congress this week, so let's see what comes from that. If it's true perhaps enough Senate Republicans would vote to have him removed after all.
  • 3017amen

Yeah, good point. In the absence of a tape, it's the whistle blower and his boss' ( who ironically was appointed by trump) testimony that will likely be more persuasive.
  • Echarmion
    So, the White House released a transcript of the call, in which Trump specifically asks the president of Ukraine to do him a "favour" and restart investigations. He then specifically mentions Biden and his son.

4D chess or just stupid?
  • NOS4A2
    Here’s the transcript.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Unclassified09.2019.pdf

They are attempting to impeach the president over nothing.

Compare the conversation to the unmitigated fantasies of the DNC.

Straight DNC propaganda..
  • tim wood
    They are attempting to impeach the president over nothing.NOS4A2

Straight disinformation from a lying troll. What do you do with the rest of your time nose4? You're certainly both useless and toxic enough here. Get out much? Lunch with friends, that kind of thing? Loving wife and children that are rays of sunshine in your life?
  • NOS4A2

Can’t take it, can you Timmy? That’s the cognitive dissonance boiling in your brain. You’re finally finding out you’ve been lied to. Get on the right side of history, pal, there is plenty of room here. It might do you some good.
  • tim wood
    Right now, 9/25/19, based on what you know - accepting responsible reporting - do you think/suppose there are or are not grounds for impeachment? (I am assuming you know what American impeachment is and how it works.)
  • 3017amen

I think it's probably time for him to step down, no?

If you look at it objectively, the minuses are now beginning to outweigh the positives.

The GOP should try for a moderate republican instead...yes?
  • NOS4A2

I think it's probably time for him to step down, no?

If you look at it objectively, the minuses are now beginning to outweigh the positives.

The GOP should try for a moderate republican instead...yes?

Absolutely not. A moderate republican will be like every other: a war hawk, social conservative type like the Vice President or Romney. The Dems are unelectable.
  • frank
    The GOP should try for a moderate republican instead...yes?3017amen

They should try for one that has more sense than God gave a doorknob.
  • 3017amen

Do you consider yourself a far-right white nationalist, or a far-right religious fundamentalist, or otherwise an extremist?

(The reason I ask is that a lot of folks from his base seem to be those kinds of people.)
  • NOS4A2

Do you consider yourself a far-right white nationalist, or a far-right religious fundamentalist, or otherwise an extremist?

(The reason I ask is that a lot of folks from his base seem to be those kinds of people.)

No, and that’s another unmitigated fantasy. The so-called “base” includes people from all walks of life, even registered Democrats.
  • 3017amen

Can you answer the question? ( What are you?)
  • NOS4A2

Can you answer the question? ( What are you?)

I did answer the question.

Why do you want to know what I am?
  • tim wood
    Usual s**t from the toxic f**king troll. Hey troll! Don't you ever get tired of cranking out the same old trollery? Don't you have another life? Or have you burned through your "friends," neighbors, and family? Is this all you've got left?

Try honest discussion, or are you so poisoned you can't do it! I have a question just above. Too much for you?
  • NOS4A2

You’ll get there Tim. The first step is the withdrawal. The lies and fantasy will release your mind soon enough. Stay strong.
  • Fooloso4
    The transcript is only part of a larger story. According to the transcript Trump says:

I heard you had a prosecutor who· was very·good and he was shut down and that's really unfair. A lot of people are talking about that, the way they shut your very good prosecutor down and you had some very bad people involved.

A lot of people are talking about Viktor Shokin, Ukraine’s prosecutor general., but most reports, including a push by the International Monetary Fund to investigate and prosecute those guilty of corruption, claim that Shokin did not do his job effectively. There is no substantive evidence that Shokin was fired, as Trump claims, to protect Biden or his son.

It is clear that Trump ordered almost $400 million in military aid to the Ukraine to be withheld. It is also clear that Trump has told conflicting stories about why he did this and that these stories do not match the facts.

Of course Trump's defenders want to pretend that the transcript is evidence that Trump did nothing wrong and once again declare the case is closed. It is not. Just what the impeachment investigation will uncover is an open question, one that Trump is doing everything he can to block from seeing the light of day.
  • NOS4A2

According to the transcript the favor was actually regarding “the server” which I suspect is the Hacked DNC server, which for some reason is in Ukraine. Attorney General Barr and numerous investigations are getting to the bottom of how the Russian hoax started, and that the DNC server is in Ukraine is troubling to say the least.

He mentioned Biden only in passing, despite the claims of democrats. Hunter Biden, who had zero experience in the energy sector and was just then dishonorably discharged from the military for smoking crack, landed a $50,000 a month gig on the board of a Ukrainian company right after Biden became the point man there. The same happened in China. Elder Biden started working with the Chinese, son get’s massive deal shortly after. It’s something worth looking at.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.