• tim wood
    Why do you call that justice, nos4?. Did he not do the things he plead guilty to and was convicted of?
  • NOS4A2

Flynn replaced his legal team last year and has been trying to withdraw his guilty plea, arguing he is the victim of misconduct by prosecutors. In light of new documents this appears to be the case. His treatment by the Mueller team is an utter disgrace.
  • 180 Proof
    Believe whatever you want. Flynn cooperated with the Mueller Investigation AND plead guilty twice for lying to the FBI (along with admitting to other crimes he wasn't charged with) AND tRump fired him for cause. Judge Sullivan is a Reagan & Bush appointee with a decades-long reputation of hostility to "overzealous" Federal Prosecutors who is on the record suggesting in open court, in reference to redacted national security sections of the criminal complaint, that Flynn should have been charged with treason. Facts, NOS. It doesn't matter what you pestilent, alt-right, MAGA, trumpistanis believe.

:mask:
  • NOS4A2

It is also a fact that Flynn has been trying to withdraw his guilty plea citing government vindictiveness. Given newly released documents this appears to be the case. You would condemn a war hero for treason premised on selective information.
  • Banno
    So... the only person defending Trump here is Nos?
  • DingoJones

Defend Trump on what?
  • Banno
    ...anything?
  • DingoJones

Ill defend him on certain things, the truth is more important to me than hating Trump. If you mean in general..ya I think Nos is the only one.
  • Metaphysician Undercover
    It is also a fact that Flynn has been trying to withdraw his guilty plea citing government vindictiveness.NOS4A2

The poor boy was coerced into pleading guilty...justice in the U.S.A.
  • Baden

Some General. Peed his pants and pleaded guilty to something he didn't do because he was scared of the big, bad FBI. Not like he didn't have the President of the United States behind him the whole time.
  • tim wood
    Flynn replaced his legal team last year and has been trying to withdraw his guilty plea, arguing he is the victim of misconduct by prosecutors. In light of new documents this appears to be the case. His treatment by the Mueller team is an utter disgrace.NOS4A2

I asked you a question and you ignored it. Can you read my mind. For you, it won't take genius.
  • Benkei
    You're wasting your time. He doesn't care about facts.
  • 180 Proof
    :eyes: No doubt ...
  • Frank Apisa
    NOS4A2
    Wow. The case against Michael Flynn has been dropped! Finally some justice.

https://apnews.com/ae1ad252bb13490db2ceffc5d17b6d92

Incoming meltdown.
    NOS4A2

Trump said he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue...and not lose any supporters. Trump, and his lap dog, Barr wanted the charges against Flynn dropped.

Flynn pleaded guilty to MANY crimes (he was only prosecuted for one) and that charge has been dropped...so "finally some justice" is an example of a Trump supporter doing what Trump said they would do for him.

Adolf Hitler had that sort of support also...as did Pol Pot and Idi Amin.

Wonder why that kind of person garners that kind of backing?
  • Maw
    This describes several commentators here.
  • Deletedmemberzc
    :rofl: :rofl: :lol:

"Suggestions that DaemonX could simply be a crazed vagrant using the internet at a public library have largely been dismissed..."
  • Mikie

You strike me as someone who has never seriously considered an idea outside of their own belief system in their lives.

Of course Flynn is corrupt and deserves to be in prison. So does Trump. Half the administration are outright criminals. You'd have no problem recognizing this if it were a Democrat in office, and you know it.

Worth pondering about that for just a few seconds and then asking yourself if this red-blue thing is really the best way to approach the truth.
  • Outlander
    He appeals to the masses. Simple. Relateable. Speaks his mind. And yes nods to the relevant majority. Somehow all while being a billionaire real estate tycoon. As a skeptic I could go on endlessly but. Yeah. Gotta hope for the best.
  • Julia
    What exactly is he doing currently about the lockdown and the economy? Will things open up soon or no? Because if things plan on remaining closed then people will need recurring payments. One stimulus pay of $1200 will not be enough. For some the montly rent is even more than that and that leaves no money for food, gas, etc.
  • Baden

Most of the stimulus money and Fed support went to corporations who used it to help boost their own stock. (I read (or heard) somewhere that 90% of the move up from the recent low was due to buybacks, but I'd have to check the details on that as under the CARES act they're not supposed to do it directly). Anyway, the stock market is fine, which means the GOP Senate is not going to help you any further. And the Dems have taken care of their donors too, so you're on your own. Some here are of the view you have no choice but to vote for one of these loathsome parties in November, regardless. I suggest you give them both the same finger they've just given you.
  • Baden
    E.g. "Apple Inc (AAPL.O) on Monday capitalized on the Federal Reserve’s emergency measures in response to the coronavirus outbreak to issue its cheapest bonds in years, making it the latest blue-chip company to do so to fund stock buybacks and dividends.
    Apple's offering illustrates how companies with the best credit ratings are boosting shareholder returns by tapping cheap debt made available through the Fed's backstopping of the credit markets. "

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-apple-debt/apple-borrows-on-the-cheap-to-fund-buybacks-dividends-idUSKBN22H001
  • NOS4A2

Trump knows something. More info soon?
  • Baden
    Trump knows something.NOS4A2

First time for everything.
  • praxis
    Impeach Obama!
  • NOS4A2

Wouldn’t that be something? If trump can be impeached for next to nothing, something of a watergate magnitude would warrant Obama’s impeachment.
  • Michael
    Wouldn’t that be something? If trump can be impeached for next to nothing, something of a watergate magnitude would warrant Obama’s impeachment.NOS4A2

You can't impeach an ex-President.
  • NOS4A2

Sure they can.
  • praxis

Didn't Mitch say that they can't do impeachment and deal with corona at the same time?
  • NOS4A2

I’m not sure.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.