• Baden
    Sometimes you've just got to laugh at this moron and, by extension, the morons who look up to him.

https://www.dnaindia.com/world/report-world-left-stunned-as-trump-says-covid-19-will-go-away-because-of-herd-mentality-2843436
  • ssu
    Trump did inherit a strong economy. The economy is no longer strong. Trump failed to produce the GDP growth that he promised. Etc... Where did I say that any president is credited with economic factors and what is your point?praxis
    The economy is nowhere in the World strong. The Corona-slump is universal.

So this isn't his flaw only. One flaw in the future can perhaps be the massive printing of money, but that again is something that Obama and all current US Presidents have done. I think that with the economy Trump hasn't done as much damage as he has done for example bungling up the pandemic response of the US. There he does carry responsibility and a lot.

Just to emphasis this, now Sweden has less deaths per capita than the US, even if they haven't had any lock-down whatsoever. So with a lock-down the US got more deaths, it's really a genuine disaster.
  • praxis

If you do the math, herd immunity would cost around 6 million American lives. Hey, no sweat, right?! :brow:

Herd mentality helped him get elected, so that might be why it's on his mind.
  • tim wood
    Plenty of disagreement. I disagree with your false definition of the word “lies” and I also disagree with your area of concern. While you focus on crowd size (ironically) and Trump’s opinion of it, you can say nothing of political violence and persecution against your fellow citizens and democratically-elected officials. You can say nothing about what should be the peaceful transfer of power because you cannot get over Trump’s opinion of crowd size.NOS4A2

Trump could not possibly have been confused about crowd size unless he's an idiot, and that he isn't. Further, it's not about crowd size - that is what it is. It is about Trump's insane lying about it, and in general lying about how great his victory was. And its not my "false definition of the word lies"; it's what lies are. And protesting: you may not realize that protesting is a part of the American way, enshrined in certain constitutional rights Violence, no. But then, what do you call Trump's recent violence for his photo-op by the church and with a bible. it's disgusting, he's disgusting, and you known by the company you keep and how you keep it.
  • tim wood
    If you do the math, herd immunity would cost around 6 million American lives.praxis

To my way of thinking, any move toward "herd immunity," by this administration, such as limiting somehow vaccine access in any way, or any other active or passive step in that direction, amounts to a declaration of war against the persons jointly and severally living in the US. Hmm. I wonder which side the US Secret service will take, because it seems likely they shall have to take one side or the other.
  • ChrisH
    If you do the math, herd immunity would cost around 6 million American lives.praxis

This isn't correct. Herd immunity could be achieved by the use of immunisation.
  • Benkei
    I don't think Trump was referring to immunisation by other means than contracting covid-19.

Nevertheless, I think the number of cohorts that would die from covid-19 is much lower than 6 million. The chance of the virus "meeting" someone who will die from it is much higher in the beginning than in the end as not only group immunity starts kicking in at around 60% infection rate but the cohort group of those who will die from it has then already diminished greatly.
  • Kenosha Kid
    I got Trump-exhaustion a long time ago. When you have a figure in office who is so stupid, so shameless, and so morally unscrupulous, it ceases to be interesting when they say or do anything. It's like trying to guess the next number that a PRNG will output.

As such, I'm a little behind. Can anyone tell me how anti-fascists became the bad guys on Cloud Trump? Being an anti-anti-fascist doesn't seem like an obvious recipe for political success.
  • praxis
    Antifa are anarchists or anti-capitalists and there’s no dirtier word to a Trumpian than anti-capitalist.
  • praxis

I was never good at math.
  • BitconnectCarlos

Can anyone tell me how anti-fascists became the bad guys on Cloud Trump? Being an anti-anti-fascist doesn't seem like an obvious recipe for political success.Kenosha Kid

The name doesn't mean anything. Just because you call yourself something like that doesn't mean you're on the side of justice. Antifa as a movement is militant and they have assaulted journalists, Trump supporters, and burned down and looted businesses. It's a standard leftist tactic that they'll name themselves something nice and then commit atrocious acts in the name of achieving their "utopia."
  • EricH

But that's not what Trump was saying. He was saying that even if we do not have a vaccine, herd mentality (his words) would eventually eliminate COVID. He just neglected to mention that this would cost millions of lives.
  • ChrisH
    Yes, that's already been pointed out to me. :smile:
  • Michael
    Federal Judge Says USPS Delays Were “Intentional Effort” to Undermine Fair Elections

A federal judge blocked a series of actions implemented by Postmaster General Louis DeJoy that have led to widespread mail delays, calling them “an intentional effort on the part of the current Administration to disrupt and challenge the legitimacy of upcoming local, state, and federal elections.”

In a strongly worded opinion released Thursday, District Court Judge Stanley A. Bastian of Washington state issued a nationwide injunction prohibiting DeJoy from implementing changes ranging from cutting overtime to removing 671 mail sorting machines to forcing mail trucks to leave on time even if the mail is not ready .

“Although not necessarily apparent on the surface, at the heart of DeJoy’s and the Postal Service’s actions is voter disenfranchisement,” Bastian wrote. “This is evident in President Trump’s highly partisan words and tweets, the actual impact of the changes on primary elections that resulted in uncounted ballots, and recent attempts and lawsuits by the Republican National Committee and President Trump’s campaign to stop the States’ efforts to bypass the Postal Service by utilizing ballot drop boxes, as well as the timing of the changes.”

Trump has already admitted that he’s refusing to support $25 billion in funding for the USPS in an attempt to sabotage mail voting, while Bastian noted that “72% of the decommissioned high speed mail sorting machines that were decommissioned were located in counties where Hillary Clinton receive the most votes in 2016.”

Sabotage the means to vote by mail (mostly in areas that are more likely to vote for a Democrat), and then use the resulting mess as evidence that mail-in voting doesn't work well enough. And people buy into it.
  • NOS4A2
    Pennsylvania Supreme Court election rulings are big wins for Biden

In a 5-2 decision, the top Pennsylvania state court ruled that Green Party candidate Howie Hawkins hadn't followed proper procedures when submitting his nomination forms to get on the ballot.

The ruling eliminates the final hurdle blocking Pennsylvania from sending out absentee ballots to voters who requested them. The state had been stuck in a holding pattern while the litigation played out in court.

The Green Party "failed to comply with the Election Code's strict mandate" for how nomination paperwork must be handled, and its attempts to fix the problem "did not suffice to cure that error," the justices said in a 28-page majority opinion. As a result, "that defect was fatal" to Hawkins' request to get on the ballot.

Hawkins' campaign manager, Andrea Mérida Cuéllar, said the Democrats are playing " legal shenanigans just to knock legitimate competition off of the ballot. I think that they should be afraid of having Greens on the ballot because their party is not offering anything that the working class of this country is actually asking for. We are."

All five Democrats on the court voted to remove the Green Party, while the two Republicans dissented. The decision came a week after a similar ruling in Wisconsin, where Hawkins was also kicked off the ballot.

Dems are using lawfare to get their Green Party opponents off the ballot. The fix is already in.
  • Benkei
    Wrong thread Mr Red Herring.
  • NOS4A2

I got Trump-exhaustion a long time ago. When you have a figure in office who is so stupid, so shameless, and so morally unscrupulous, it ceases to be interesting when they say or do anything. It's like trying to guess the next number that a PRNG will output.

As such, I'm a little behind. Can anyone tell me how anti-fascists became the bad guys on Cloud Trump? Being an anti-anti-fascist doesn't seem like an obvious recipe for political success.

That’s like saying if you oppose the Democratic People's Republic of Korea you’re anti-Democracy and anti-Republicanism. What they oppose is their activity, not the name.
  • Kenosha Kid
    That’s like saying if you oppose the Democratic People's Republic of Korea you’re anti-Democracy and anti-Republicanism. What they oppose is their activity, not the name.NOS4A2

Protesting against fascism? Same question, really.
  • praxis
    Shit, and so close.
  • Maw
    Which of you non-Americans will house an American refugee?
  • Monitor
    I wonder what McConnell has to say about a Supreme Court nomination in an election year?
  • Streetlight
    Sorry, don't accept people from shithole countries.
  • Maw
    I wonder what McConnell has to say about a Supreme Court nomination in an election year?Monitor

"Oh we'd fill it"
  • Maw
    Sorry, don't accept people from shit hole countries.StreetlightX

:cry:
  • Maw
    I actually have no idea what country @StreetlightX lives in I always assumed he was British
  • Streetlight
    No that's the motherland. I'm from the penal colony - Australia.
  • Monitor
    "Oh we'd fill it"Maw

That's right. I forgot he said that.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.