• Hanover
    I guess that’s why they went from rape to battery. It’s just more likely. Utterly bonkers justice system. But thanks for your expertise.NOS4A2

Why would it be a bonkers justice system if he did in fact sexually assault her? Wouldn't that give rise to a lawsuit and shouldn't there be an award against him?

Neither of us were obviously there when the allegations supposedly occurred, nor did we watch the trial from beginning to end, so this certainty you're attempting to espouse is based on a whole lot of nothing other than your confirmation bias, where you say Trump must be getting a raw deal because the world is against him.

I truly don't care about the outcome of that case or what happens or doesn't happen to Trump, but my inclination is to believe he did what he is said to have done because I have a general trust in the system in deciphering truth. My general trust isn't absolute, so I wouldn't be surprised if some new evidence arrived and that proved his innocence with certainty. But right now, it seems like he did it.

What I can say is that your posts questioning his liability here just smack of someone who can't see Trump as anything but a victim.
  • praxis

NOS doesn't support anything that has the potential to infringe on his FREEDOM. :razz:
  • NOS4A2

It’s true. I think he is the victim here and my bias is evident. But so is everyone else’s. This includes the DA’s and AG’s in New York and Georgia, or federal prosecutor Jack Smith. You can go on Twitter and observe his anti-Trumpism. It’s political animus all the way down. The difference is I’m not in charge of the law.

My presumption of innocence has yet to be affected by any of the countless, myriad accusations he has received since he came down that escalator. They are using the justice system to engage in lawfare, and the ease with which they can do it makes the system a bloody joke.
  • Hanover
    I think he is the victim here and my bias is evident. But so is everyone else’s.NOS4A2

If you admit to bias, then how do you others are biased?

Is this just a general philosophical claim about the lack of objectivity in all things, or are you saying you're so biased that you're not in a position to judge? If the latter, then the appropriate response would be not to judge.
  • Metaphysician Undercover
    They are using the justice system to engage in lawfare, and the ease with which they can do it makes the system a bloody joke.NOS4A2

Don't act surprised! The man with thousands of lawsuits under his belt. who lived his life engaging the legal system against others, with the greatest ease, anytime that it appeared to be profitable, has now had the tables turned on him. Could you expect anything other than this?
  • Mikie
    Innocent until proven guilty. Huge burden of proof needed. That’s justice.

Unless you’re Hunter Biden, of course. Then it’s just obvious.
  • Wayfarer
    The saddest, and most dangerous, thing about Trump is the way he has persuaded hundreds of millions of people that there are no facts. That he can appear on prime time and still insist that ‘the election was rigged’, after 60 failed lawsuits, the Jan 6 commission, and everything else that has gone down, just beggars belief. And the interviewers are so sanguine about it - they take his denial of reality as just another news item.
  • Michael
    Gets found liable for defamation, proceeds to defame on TV the following day.

He just invites his own problems. Either a second lawsuit or more evidence for the second trial if he gets an appeal.
  • Benkei
    Anyone who brushes past could leave or not leave dna on a dress. Unless it's semen, it would be wrong to assume the dna of that man, was of a man who raped her. So it proves nothing one way or the other.
  • Baden
    CLAIM: "I grab 'em by the pussy"
    REALITY: He grabs them by the pussy.
    CULT MEMBERS: "WITCH HUNT!"
  • NOS4A2

Claim: "Yeah that's her with the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful... I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything. You can do anything. Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything."

Fact: He does not grab by the pussy the woman he was just talking about.

Cult Members: "He grabs them by the pussy!"
  • Michael
    You can call NOS4A2 a moronic rape apologist.
  • Fooloso4
    Fact: He does not grab by the pussy the woman he was just talking about.NOS4A2

Proof: He did not grab one woman he was talking to in front of the cameras, therefore contrary to what he said, he has never grabbed any women by the pussy.

I have no interest in the sexual lives of politicians.NOS4A2

When someone's sexual life includes sexual assault it is no longer a private matter. This reflects poorly on you. Do you not know the difference?

You then switch gears and claim their is no evidence of sexual assault. The list of women who have accused him of sexual assault is long and goes back many years. But none of this matters to you because you have no interest in the sexual lives of politicians.
  • praxis
    Fact: He does not grab by the pussy the woman he was just talking about.NOS4A2

You can't know that's a fact and by your own reasoning that appears to make you a cult member.
  • NOS4A2

You can watch it on video directly after he was speaking about her. But I wouldn’t want you to betray your own senses.
  • praxis

I don't know what you mean. If he was talking about a past incident with a particular woman, I'm pointing out that you could not know what actually occurred during that incident. You appear to be believing what Trump, a person who lies like a child, reported.
  • NOS4A2

He clearly admits in the first-person what he does. As for grabbing pussy, he’s clearly speaking in the second person. You have neither the incident nor the admission, but you believe both occured.
  • praxis

Again, I don't know what you're talking about. Eariler you wrote:

"Fact: He does not grab by the pussy the woman he was just talking about."

How do you know that's a fact?
  • NOS4A2

You can watch it on video. The woman he was speaking about greets him at the door of the bus.
  • Fooloso4
    As for grabbing pussy, he’s clearly speaking in the second person.NOS4A2

He is speaking as a "star" about what stars can do.

I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

On the other side of your misrepresentation, he is not talking about some particular person but "they".
  • praxis

He was talking about an incident of pussy grabbing that hadn't occurred yet?
  • praxis
    On the other side of your misrepresentation, he is not talking about some particular person but "they".Fooloso4

So when NOS says: "Fact: He does not grab by the pussy the woman he was just talking about." He's saying that Trump has never grabbed for pussy and this is a fact.
  • NOS4A2

He was saying what you can get away when you’re a star, not what he does when he meets people. But it was in the context of meeting the woman standing just outside.
  • praxis
    He was saying what you can get away when you’re a star, not what he does when he meets people. But it was in the context of meeting the woman standing just outside.NOS4A2

So here it is:

You're claiming that "cult members" watched this video and saw Trump sexually assaulting the woman in the purple dress? Seriously?
  • NOS4A2

Nope. I'm saying from the video that his actions do not match his boasts, and its stupid to believe that it does. He neither latches on to her like a magnet, without waiting, and starts kissing her. It was boasting.
  • praxis
    I'm saying from the video that his actions do not match his boasts, and its stupid to believe that it does.NOS4A2

You're claiming that "cult members" watched this video and came to believe that Trump sexually assaults every woman that he comes into contact with?
  • NOS4A2

You're claiming that "cult members" watched this video and came to believe that Trump sexually assaults every woman that he comes into contact with?

I said "cult member" in parody because someone else used it in reference to those who do not find any evidence that he assaulted someone.

Nonetheless, many people claim he is admitting to assault. They even claimed it in the E. Jean Carrol's trial and that it showed a pattern. The jury obviously believed it. Except there is no such admission, and neither can they point to any sexual assault he has admitted to.
  • praxis

Let's see if we can straighten this out. You wrote:

Fact: He does not grab by the pussy the woman he was just talking about.

Cult Members: "He grabs them by the pussy!"

From what you've explained, you appear to be claiming that "cult members" believe that Trump sexually assaulted the woman in the purple dress, even though that's not what the video shows. Although you write that the cult members say "them" and not her.

That's pretty crazy, I have to say.
  • NOS4A2

Yes, they appear to believe he grabs women by the pussy, that this video proves it, despite there being no admission nor no evidence that he does. Clear enough for you?
  • praxis
    they appear to believe he grabs women by the pussy, that this video proves itNOS4A2

The video is not proof that Trump sexually assaults women.

Can you give an example of ANYONE claiming that it is proof of sexual assault? If not, you appear to be the believer.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.