• praxis
    So now we can add unhuman to unmarried female cat-lovers…..Wayfarer

Idiotically leaning into the ‘weirdo’ branding.
  • Benkei
    Congrats on having a job you actually like!
  • Benkei
    "lawfare" a phrase coined by insance dangerous nutjobs when they are forced to adhere to the law.

I wonder what Ambrose Bierce would have made of all this in his seminal Devil's Dictionary.
  • 180 Proof
    I wonder what Ambrose Bierce would have made of all this in his seminal Devil's Dictionary.Benkei
    :smirk:
  • Fooloso4
    . Trump wants to have a much greater role in Federal Reserve policy and decisions. At a news conference yesterday he said:

The Federal Reserve is a very interesting thing and it's sort of gotten it wrong a lot ...And you know that's very largely a — it's a gut feeling. I believe it's really a gut feeling ...I feel the president should have at least say in there, yeah. I feel that strongly. I think that, in my case I made a lot of money. I was very successful. And I think I have a better instinct than, in many cases, people that would be on the Federal Reserve or the chairman.

A "very successful" businessman who was bankrolled and bailed out by his father several times, who declared bankruptcy six times, and repeatedly cheated contractors. What he is most successful for is selling his name and image, letting others do the work and walking away when things do not work out.

It is not clear whether he thinks the federal government can operate this way. His "better instincts" do not include the understanding that the United States of America is not a business, however much he wants to slap his name on it.
  • Mikie
    Just a long time between now and November and America has an attention span of a gnat. So unless he finds a way to milk this for four months, I don’t see it changing much.Mikie

A month later, and I was right. As usual.

Remember when everyone was saying “he just got elected”? :lol:
  • Shawn
    I thought about starting a thread about how fractured and weak the Republican party is but I'll ask it here.

What are your thoughts about the current state of the GOP? Is it in disarray or better than ever?
  • NOS4A2

Your confirmation bias may be coloring your perception. Are you predicting he'll space out and wander off in the debate? If he doesn't, will you assume he's on some secret miracle drug that's being kept from real dementia patients?
  • NOS4A2
    Clown world.

• Wayfarer
    What are your thoughts about the current state of the GOP? Is it in disarray or better than ever?Shawn

See Shameless, Brian Tyler Cohen.
  • Wayfarer
    Trump is not going to deal with being challenged in the polls. I think there’s a chance he’ll go to pieces.
  • Echarmion
    What are your thoughts about the current state of the GOP? Is it in disarray or better than ever?Shawn

I wouldn't say it's in disarray. There was a crisis around Trumpism but the party has now reworked it's strategy around it. Adopting Trumpism comes with the cost of a bunch of very vocal cranks, but they need the highly mobilised base in order to have a chance.

Overall Trumpism seems to have accelerated the republican trend / strategy towards minority rule, it remains to be seen whether it was too fast and the frog jumped the pot.
  • Relativist
    If you have a point, please make it. Biden's debate performance was terrible, suggestive of some degree of cognitive decline (probably a litte more than Trump's), but does not entail dementia (see this).

I expect you interpreted his performance from the perspective of your bias. My evaluation is based on the actual evidence. I'll grant that IF the GOP conspiracy theory is true (that Biden's people are hiding his dementia), then I'm mistaken. But there's no objective evidence this is the case.

Now that one cognitively declined candidate has dropped out, are you hoping the other one does? Imagine what shape he'll be in, in 4 years! If it was relevant for Biden, then if you're consistent- it should be relevant to Trump.
  • Fooloso4
    What are your thoughts about the current state of the GOP?Shawn

The current state of the GOP is that it perished under the onslaught of Trumpism. It bears no resemblance to the party of Lincoln, T. Roosevelt, or Reagan.
  • AmadeusD
    I was right. As usual.Mikie

I cannot be overstated how utterly bereft of reality this is. You had to eat crow about Biden the same f'ing week this took place (i.e the ass. attempt and ensuing up-tick for T-Ump. ).
  • 180 Proof
    12August24

TIM240826-Kamala-Cover-FINAL.jpg?quality=75&w=2400

Roevember is coming! :victory: :cool:
  • Baden

Please stop double-posting this kind of stuff in this and the election thread.
  • AmadeusD
    :up: :up: Perfectly summed up imo.
  • Baden

Thank you. :smile:
  • Mikie
    It’s awesome that Trump keeps doing interviews because he believes he’s a great speaker. Hope he keeps it up. Nothing could be better for Harris.
  • praxis

Looks like Melania because she’s squinting? Trump gets weirder by the day.
  • Mikie

And a Harris crowd that was AI-generated. Don’t forget that.

He’s losing his fucking mind. :lol:
  • Mikie
    Oh and thinking Nate Holden was Willie Brown is fantastic too.
  • praxis
    He’s losing his fucking mind.Mikie

Getting so looney tunes that he's starting to sound like Daffy Duck.
  • Mikie

:up:

Harris’s crowds are big. He doesn’t like that — so it doesn’t exist.

He lost the election — but he can’t lose, so it didn’t happen.

What’s more pathetic, though— Trump, or his slavish followers that go along with the beyond obvious lies?

“I’m a lot of things, but weird I’m not.” — Donald Trump :lol:
  • Metaphysician Undercover
    “I’m a lot of things, but weird I’m not.” — Donald Trump :lol:Mikie

That's a weird thing to say.
  • Wayfarer
    He’s behaving like a juvenile. Spouting conspiracy theories and insults. His handlers are desperately trying to get him to sound like he knows what he’s doing, to no avail. The further behind he falls the more he will flail. There’s a chance that he will actually become pathetic. That’ll be the death knell.
  • Benkei
    Weird and pathetic. Sounds good.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.