• Jamal
    The options for customization are very limited, and it's only customizable in admin, not by regular members.
  • S
    The green is better. :up:

Can we change the color every day? I think that would be fun.StreetlightX

I vote for this.
  • Baden
    For lack of a better place, I'll just stick this here. I'm normally not a fan of Grammarly but they've recently added a tone checker to their browser extension that measures how friendly you're being when you write something (currently, it's rating me as friendly). Now, there's a good chance the tool is as inaccurate as Grammarly's severely overhyped grammar checker, in which case forget it, but if not, it may be of some use in the interpersonal sphere.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    @Baden
    My Dearest friend Baden,
    May I please inquire as to what you are speaking of?
    If you could be so kind to expound further on your thoughts, deepening the meaning, it would be of great assistance to me and my understanding of you.
    You are an amazing administrator and a fabulous person who I look forward to hearing from soon.
    Yours in Best Health,
    Tiffany
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Something like that Jack? :razz:
  • Baden

Hey Tiff, yeah, don't want to be advertising Grammarly (especially since their pro version is such a rip-off), buuut if you add their free extension to Chrome, they have a smiley face tone checker thing that checks your writing, which is kind of an interesting idea. It's giving me a neutral tone right now... Um, just changed: see the screenshot.

sbk307ll6h7m63ju.png
  • Baden
    Not bad... ?
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Could someone be so kind as to explain to me how to upload an image?

Currently I have to go to an outside site, upload it there, choose a link, copy and paste it here to load an image.

Maybe? :pray:
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Not bad... ?Baden

Meh... it's pretty easy for me and definitely a choice tool to use.
    My Mom taught me the best response to someone who makes you upset is to kill them with kindness. Couple that with working for a Doctor putting together financial demand packages that needed the "right" language to obtain the desired result, AM a Mama Bear AND a Spiritual Warrior?
    If (and it's a big IF) I have that all in balance? There are few situations I am unable to solve. Have one faction out of calaberation? Good Lord I hope you have chocolate. :monkey:
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Could someone be so kind as to explain to me how to upload an image?ArguingWAristotleTiff

@Baden maybe?
    I know you love being the popular man around these parts..... :strong:
  • fdrake

The "upload files" thing in the response box, on the top right. Think you need to be a mod or a subscriber to embed images in posts. If not, a work around is to upload it to an image hosting site and use the [ url = (link)] (text to hyperlink) [/ url] functionality. Remove the spaces from the square bracketed bits.
  • Baden

Yeah, uploads are subscriber-only because we have to pay for the space. So... give us some money?
  • Hanover
    Could someone be so kind as to explain to me how to upload an image?ArguingWAristotleTiff

Yeah, uploads are subscriber-only because we have to pay for the space. So... give us some money?Baden

Ha! Turns out your lights aren't turning on because you didn't pay the power bill. :wink:
  • Baden

She gives the taxman 11 grand and what do we get? Chopped liver?
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Yeah, uploads are subscriber-only because we have to pay for the space. So... give us some money?Baden

Willing and able to pay my share! I just need "A' physical address to mail a payment to. :100:
    Now, who is willing to trust me with their physical address?
    Let's see ... @Paul trusted me for years with his address. Ask him how it went and what time it was when I showed up at his place.... NOT!
    And @Benkei trusted me with his physical address as well. Ask him if I am a stalker! :eyes:
    And then there is @Hanover with whom I have bet and settled up with at the old forum was the beneficiary of my errors.
    How hard is it to get you people to take money?
    Look, we can act like we are back in school and "I will show you mine if you show me yours." :razz:
    Anyone game?
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    She gives the taxman 11 grand and what do we get? Chopped liver?Baden

Buahaha! Someone would get my corporate cookies which I have been told to sell retail for years. But......
  • Baden

I think there's an easier way to do that. I've forgotten what it is though. Excuse me while I snail mail a cheque to Jeff Bezos for a copy of https://www.amazon.co.uk/Luddite-Rebellion-Brian-J-Bailey/dp/0750913533.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Oh my Lord Byron does bring back thoughts~ swooning~
    Rereading some of his words.....
    :fire:
  • Hanover
    The simplest way to do this is to go to Western Union and wire the money to any anonymous password account, then PM me that information, and then I'll pick up the sack of cash and take it to post office, where I'll transfer it into a money order. I'll then send the money order to my bank via regular mail and wait for it to clear. Once it's in my account, I'll withdraw it from an ATM and then I'll ask @Baden for a physical address so that I can mail a check to him so that he can hand it to @jamalrob who works one cubicle over in the underwriting department. Then you'll be able to upload whatever shit you need to. Western Union, the post office, and my ATM charge transaction fees, so send a lot more than you think you need to.
  • Benkei
    True that. I think it was for a phone that I couldn't use in Europe after all. :rofl:
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    The simplest way to do this is to go to Western Union and wire the money to any anonymous password account, then PM me that information, and then I'll pick up the sack of cash and take it to post office, where I'll transfer it into a money order. I'll then send the money order to my bank via regular mail and wait for it to clear. Once it's in my account, I'll withdraw it from an ATM and then I'll ask Baden for a physical address so that I can mail a check to him so that he can hand it to @jamalrob who works one cubicle over in the underwriting department. Then you'll be able to upload whatever shit you need to. Western Union, the post office, and my ATM charge transaction fees, so send a lot more than you think you need to.Hanover

See @Baden how hard was that to explain? Hmm?
    So @Hanover how much extra grease are we talking about?
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    True that. I think it was for a phone that I couldn't use in Europe after all. :rofl:Benkei

I am honest to a fault, I swear. :100:
  • DingoJones
    How about a sub forum or archive for closed threads?
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Feedback hnnmmm....
    Could you please tell me if having experience with a mental health crisis is still being stigmitized from your part the world?
    If so, why do you think that is?
  • Isaac
    @jamalrob
    Notifications aren't working in the way I'd expect them to, I understand it might be a forum software thing, so I wonder if you could look into it.

I'm consistently not getting notifications from one member, and inconsistently not getting notifications from some others. I've also had some of my posts left without replies in conversations where I would have expected the person I've been talking to to have responded. Although in those cases I could have just stopped being interesting, of course (or started being right, it has the same effect)!

I seem to remember reading about this problem before, I may have even mentioned it, so apologies if this is a repeat, but the problem just seems to have gotten worse recently.
  • Baden

If someone edits in a tag or reply it doesn't result in a notification for some reason. If the tag is there in the original post it does. As far as I know.
  • Isaac

I had a vague memory of someone mentioning that before, but just the last few days I've had four replies from @Janus, only one of which I was notified of, at least a couple more from other people (I wish I'd kept track of them now, that would have been helpful). It could just be a spate of people tagging me as an afterthought, but it just seemed odd.
  • Baden

I can't rule out other reasons, but that's the only relevant bug I know of anyhow.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.