• nazgul

I already have a routine and work out every day. What Peterson says my mom has been telling me my whole life.
  • nazgul
    Does Schopenhauer have a good message to life I can use as a guide on top of the other books ive read?
  • Deleteduserrc
    If peterson isn't working, I'd recommend eight hours a day of land, some amphetamines, and a mean dog.
  • Deleteduserrc
    jk

Why do you think philosophy will help?

Schopenhauer def won't

Does Schopenhauer have a good message to life I can use as a guide — nazgul

That could be a one liner at a philosophy stand up show

No, I mean. I feel like I don't quite understand what you're looking for. What are you looking for?
  • Deleteduserrc
    I feel like I'm getting a 'vibe' from the thinkers you've mentioned. evola, stirner, deleuze, schopenhauer, land etc. Very potent mix. You're getting that from somewhere. Where? And why are you linking it to a request for depression advice? This isn't adding up to me.
  • nazgul
    Philosophers with a good message for life like the stoics, tao te ching, zhuangzi. Nothing political. From my research I added to my list the bhagavad gita, Dhammapada, and Upanishads.
  • nazgul
    I dont think im completely depressed, only abit lost. Im not looking for anything political.
  • Deleteduserrc
    I hear you. but i think the more practical life advice people have been giving will be more helpful.
  • Deleteduserrc
    philosophy doesn't help with depression in my experience. it can make it worse
  • Deleteduserrc
    Also that list of philosphers - I didn't knock for political reasons. They're all just messengers of higher more mystical intensities. Any good mystic (from the kabbalists to Gurdjieff) will warn against dabbling in that as a way to escape depression.
  • frank
    Schopenhauer's good message for life: Be compassionate.Πετροκότσυφας

Or accept determinism and you'll immediately feel more compassionate. Are you a determinist?
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.