• Jake
    I see members using a very handy feature which links back to the previous post which they are responding to. I have a, um, friend, who is too stupid to figure out how to do this, so please explain it to him. Thank you!

• 0 thru 9
    Well, linking it is done by pressing the three dots at the bottom of a post. Then tap the boxed arrow. That’s the link. Copy and paste.

Quoting is done by selecting the part you want quoted and then tapping the “quote button” which sometimes floats above the post. On my ipad, i have to make sure that I’ve zoomed completely out. Otherwise the quote won’t appear in the response box. :smile:
  • MoliereAccepted Answer
    Also, next to the three dots there is an arrow pointing to the left. It only appears if you hover your mouse over the post in interest. But if you hover over the arrow pointing left you'll see it is labeled "reply"

Clicking that button auto-populates the required syntax to link back to the post you are responding to, as above.
  • Jake
    Aha, thanks to you I was able to teach my stupid friend how to do this! What a dolt, I swear he needs a brain transplant. Thank you! :smile:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.