• Shawn
    I have some ideas of what may be next big events in human history that might be coming up in the near future and within my lifetime.

Here are some:

1. The advent of AI.

2. Cheap energy or unlocking nuclear fusion or other energetic sources of energy to tackle our fossil fuel addiction and with it climate change.

3. Discovery of intelligent life or non-intelligent life on another planet/moon, like Europa, or in space.

4. Colonization of Mars and the Moon.

And some others, which I am wondering about. So, how will this impact your life? Do you think any one of them will happen in the near future? Do you have any to add?
  • hks
    All these things have been cinema-tized in science fiction movies.

Got any ideas that are original and unique?
  • DiegoT
    As some of these predictions are mutually exclusive, I hope that the colonization of Mars and the Moon is the one that comes true. I also hope those new countries have real border protection policies, so that they don´t get overflooded by I-´m-not-allowed-to-say-it-aloud that would make life ultimately impossible in those orbs. Cheap energy does not exist; because the cost of energy is not only the price of digging it, but also, and especially, the cost in terms of ecological and socio-cultural damage provoked by the exponential increase of chaos in the bio and human systems of the Earth. So the cheaper to get, the more expensive when the whole economical (in the true sense of economical) cycle is considered.
  • DiegoT
    I think new religions are about to emerge, that will redefine our current notion of what religions are. The main religions now are totally out-dated and out of touch with natural, and worse still, social realities. They need ever greater violence (indoctrination, blasphemy laws, physical violence and persecution, more indoctrination) to keep people in check. They are about to fulfill their purpose, that is to bring about Doomsday, the resolution of all human conflicts. However, there will be survivors and those survivors will need fresh new religions that will not be book idolatries but a new kind (not necessarily better)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment