• ben
    If a man has lived in a box for the entirety of his life, will he know the essentials of right and wrong?

For example, if he were to escape the box, and see someone getting killed, what would he think?
  • Hanover
    For example, if he were to escape the box, and see someone getting killed, what would he think?ben

He'd think about how he lived his whole life in a box only to escape to see a murder. If I were that man from the box, I'd start to question the meaning of life, or at least the meaning of my life. That box man has had a really rough go of things.
  • Pattern-chaser
    If a man has lived in a box for the entirety of his life, and he escaped the box to see someone getting killed, would he even recognise the 'someone else' as another person? Would he know he was human? :wink:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.