• Proliferator
    What do you think about Jacque Fresco and his views? In my perspective, he was somewhat disillusioned about the ultimate utopian society. I do not in any sense despise his exquisite knowledge; on the contrary, I admire his rationality and the acquired wisdom throughout his long life. However, the Venus project is just utter nonsense for one single reason. People will never ever change, as egalitarian and peaceful the society would not be, there will always be someone who will want more than others and that will ruin the system altogether. It is simply impossible to structure such a society and not only that; there are various remarks of his that are highly skeptical, probably will not find a link at the given moment, but there is a video where he talks about huge sphere-shaped glass capsules underneath the water, it just seems rather improbable. With all the respect to Jacque, I strongly affirm that he had a tunnel-visioned dream of unrealistic society.

Thoughts?
  • Michael Ossipoff
    sdom throughout his long life. However, the Venus project is just utter nonsense for one single reason. People will never ever change, as egalitarian and peaceful the society would not be, there will always be someone who will want more than others and that will ruin the system altogether. It is simply impossible to structure such a societyProliferator

Correct.

Michael Ossipoff

6 Su (South-Solstice WeekDate Calendar)

...Sunday of the 6th week of the calendar-year that started with the Monday that started closest to the South-Solstice
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.