• Janus
    Well sure. I took acid when it was still legal to so, and experienced the clear light.Wayfarer

How old were you when you took it?
  • alcontali
    All elements in religion emerge from its system of rules, assuming that the religion is a system. This system of rules is described in its scriptures, assuming that the religion is documented. From there on, you can use its system of rules to derive new propositions that are valid in the religion. Well, not always, because Martin Luther was told in April 1521 that his arguments "through scripture and reason" were not necessarily valid in the eyes of an Augustinian monk's employer. Hence, even that last bit depends on what religion it is about.
  • Gnostic Christian Bishop
    But, even in Christianity, there's a fundamental appeal towards the final word of Christ on most matters.Wallows

??

Not the way I read scriptures and the message for salvation I see.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

As you can see, we are to ne the final arbiters and not Jesus.

Jesus came to free us from religions. Not tie us to his. All he offers us is a way to be like him.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

Regards
    DL
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.