• Philo Sofer
    Over the past decade, I have formulated my philosophy of life. A brief summary and link to the 14-page document may be found here:

My Philosophy of Life

I am posting here in order to solicit constructive feedback.

I look forward to your comments. Thanks for taking a look!
  • Hanover
    Summarize it in a couple of sentences.
  • Barry Etheridge
    I am posting here in order to solicit constructive feedback.Philo Sofer

What suggests to you that I have either the time or the interest for a critique of your personal mindset. At least buy me dinner first!
  • Baden
    I did take a brief look at the document and it seemed to comprise of nothing more than a list of your philosophical positions on various issues. Of all the things I or anyone else could be reading right now, why would that be of particular interest to us? Unless you answer that question in the OP, I doubt you will get many responses here.
  • Ciceronianus
    There's no reason anybody should read or respond to this, but as a philosophy of life or statement on various philosophical issues, it has the virtue of being charmingly brief:

The world (universe) exists. I'm a part of it.
    The world (universe) is big. You're a part of it too. So are lots of other things. We don't know if there's anything but the universe.
    I have no special significance in the world (universe). Neither do you or anyone else. So, there's no reasonable basis on which to maintain that we should be treated differently, merely by virtue of the fact we exist in the universe, than anyone else or on which to maintain we should treat others differently from how we wish to be treated.

Behold, for what it's worth, the philosophy of Relative Insignificance!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.