• Shawn
    The hate is somewhat excessive, don't you guys think?
  • Brett

The hate is somewhat excessive, don't you guys think?Wallows

Of course it is. And I don’t get it. What exactly is going on with that?
  • Nils Loc
    And I don’t get it. What exactly is going on with that?Brett

Because of the politics his narrative supports. The hate just reflects the polar divide of our political landscape.

He's a religious conservative who fears big government because the USA could become communist if we don't stop all this postmodern neomarxist monkey business (whatever it is).
  • Brett

“When asked if he believes in God, Peterson responded: "I think the proper response to that is No, but I'm afraid He might exist". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Peterson

So less religion and more that he disagrees with someone.
  • Nils Loc
    I too am afraid God might exist. That is why I read the bible and try to distill its perennial wisdom, to hedge my doubt.

Disclaimer: I do not read the bible.
  • Shawn
    I too am afraid God might exist. That is why I read the bible and try to distill its perennial wisdom.Nils Loc

God is incomprehensible. We should drop Jesus' name more.
  • praxis
    I hate him because he’s anti-identity-politics and I LOVE identity politics. I can’t get enough identity politics! What would politics even be without identities.
  • Maw
    I don't care about Jordan Peterson
  • Noble Dust

I agree, and feel like I need to make it clear I'm not a JBP fanboy. He's stated that he's loaded. He's made bank on his ideas. But it's clear that he's also made a positive impact on people who were down and out. I think that's what boils my blood the most in this situation. He has helped people. That's a good thing, and should be applauded. He's probably helped more people lift their lives out of the muck than @Maw and @Evil have.
  • Maw
    Yeah maybe don't take life advice from a guy so addicted to benzos he nearly died multiple times and had to be placed in a medically induced coma.
  • Baden
    Can't see any reason to keep this open.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal