• intrapersona
    Of course I can argue against fact. With the election of Donald Trump, we have moved into the post factual era and truthiness is now old hat. A has been. A tired old hag. Get with the program, Intrapersona, reality is a crock. There are no facts, just opinions. And some opinions are more valuable than others, like yours, for instance. ;)Bitter Crank

touche
  • m-theory
    I like small talk.
    It cheers me up and I have a sense of community when I chit chat with the passerbys I encounter.

To me small talk is a way to connect with strangers, and to me it seems small talk is how you segue into deeper subjects.

Also it is often the case that I don't have time to discuss things deeply, on break between classes for example, but I still want to converse with my fellow students about trivial things, like what is going in their classes. To me discussing trivial things can be a way to unwind and get out of my own head for awhile.

I guess I don't feel intellectually insecure so I don't feel a need to constantly prove myself by discussing deep subjects.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet