• Baden

Nobody said anything about anyone "saying" anything. You don't come out and admit that, obviously. Plus, you didn't at all answer the question I put to you in the post you replied to. This is where the rabbit-level-IQ bait and switch comes in. It's transparent, annoying, and a typical tactic of government spin-doctors. And if you keep doing it, we'll continue to keep presuming you are one.
  • NOS4A2

Ok, then how do you know he prefers Americans would die rather than lose an election?
  • Punshhh
    He disrespects his office when he ignores the genuine concerns of US citizens in his actions. I already told you this and you ignored it.

I'll ask you again, to what extent is the President concerned for the wellbeing of US troops in what is soon going to become a hell hole in the Middle East and Asia?
  • NOS4A2

He disrespects his office when he ignores the genuine concerns of US citizens in his actions. I already told you this and you ignored it.

I'll ask you again, to what extent is the President concerned for the wellbeing of US troops in what is soon going to become a hell hole in the Middle East and Asia?

According to him he is quite concerned, probably more so than any leader before him.
  • Baden

You're still doing it. Again, this tactic is not going to work on anyone here. I asked you a hypothetical then followed up with another. You've twice avoided the second hypothetical. Here it is again:

And if it was a Democrat preferring Americans died to risking an election loss, you would be... ? Just disappointed. Isn't it a little more serious than that?Baden

If you want to suggest you're not a government propaganda artist, answer the question. If you are, continue playing games.
  • NOS4A2

Sorry, am I missing something here?

If a Democrat preferred Americans died to risking election loss I’d be yelling “lock him up” as they took him to prison. Is that a better answer?
  • Streetlight
    Yo this is the CV thread can we keep talk about infectious diseases to the Trump thread pls.
  • Baden

Yes, so to be consistent, you'd have to be yelling "lock him up" if Trump was guilty of the same. Now all we have to do is gather enough evidence that he is.
  • NOS4A2

Yes, so to be consistent, you'd have to be yelling "lock him up" if Trump was guilty of the same. Now all we have to do is gather enough evidence that he is.

Sure. So did he say this? Imply it? What is it? I’ve avoided the news today so I sincerely have no clue what you’re talking about.
  • Baden

I posted about this earlier today quoting from an interview on NPR. The full story isn't out yet. But I'll dig it up later and/or post more when there's more conclusive evidence forthcoming.
  • Hanover
    I almost hate hoarders more than sycophants. Just how many shits can one dude take?Baden

It was interesting to see what they ran out of. Bread, eggs, toilet paper, and rice were all gone. Seafood, canned beans, yogurt, and cheese were plentiful. I bought some precooked hot wings, which is my staple survival food during coronavirus scares.

My prediction is that no one here will die or lose a close family member to the virus. If they do, I'll look like a dick for saying this, but that's the risk I'm willing to take, putting my nice guy reputation on the line.

As to whether Trump did a good job responding to this virus, meh. It's not like if diagnostic tests were readily available, the average American would get tested, and even if they tested positive would they let anyone know, and they'd doubtfully quarantine themselves.

From my end, I've been licking handrails, doorknobs, and stripper poles, and I got nothing but open mouth sores to show for it.
  • BC
    If you don't delay the spread of this, your healthcare system will be completely overwhelmedRogueAI

That's absolutely the case. Most cities in the world (or the USA) do not have many empty hospital beds just waiting to be filled by people sick with covid-19. They also don't have a cadre of surplus staff just waiting to be called in for emergencies. They are operating at something not too far below capacity. A surge of infectious disease cases will swamp hospital systems, at least initially. People who are sick, but not requiring hospitalization, can self-isolate themselves at home -- at least for a while (assuming there are services available to deliver food or medicine, should they run out.

Nursing homes are, for sure, a weak link in the system. The residents are highly vulnerable, can't leave, and need daily care
  • Baden

Virus-ready.

w6ayni5ub83i6mb2.jpg
  • NOS4A2

Lol OK :lol:
  • Hanover
    I just took my last toilet paper wiped shit. From now on I have to use pine needles, sandpaper, old French novels, and masturbatory socks. I have plenty of toilet paper mind you, it's just I'm tired of being a slave to it.
  • BC
    My prediction is that no one here will die or lose a close family member to the virus.Hanover

I don't know, of course, but the epidemic could be worse than we think it will be. It depends on how much community transmission occurs -- disease spread locally from person to person, rather than people showing up sick who had been in Milan or Wuhan. We don't have experience with this virus, and so... could be that next fall will be the beginning of the major calamity, rather than right now. Who knows?

The thing is, people who get sick with Covid-19 can get very, very sick, and end up with permanently damaged lungs if they are able to survive. The range of sickness for those who don't get very very sick can still include pneumonia.

it's just I'm tired of being a slave to it.Hanover

You should have a bidet.
  • Streetlight
    Man I was hoping the toilet paper thing sparked a bidet renaissance; ever since I went to Japan I've been hoping that bidets become a standard thing everywhere, but alas, we're stuck with paper :rage:
  • Baden

In Thailand you get bidet faucets and paper. West needs to catch up.
  • Janus
    Bidet attachments are available for standard western-style toilets.
  • Baden

:eyes: :party:
  • Hanover
    Can you really use a bidet and no paper? Sounds like you'd just have a drippy muddy bunghole. I'd almost prefer slick pasty skid marks to that, but I respect that every man might have his own preference.

Speaking of that, does the coranavirus cause a gent to piss out his asshole? If it does, I might rethink my casual attitude about it. I hate hearing that firehose sound behind the bathroom door, knowing someone is feeling that burning spray out their rectum.

Speaking of that, how do you guys wipe an irritated ass pucker? Do you grin and bear it with a quick hard wipe or do you stroke it quickly as if writing Morse code, maybe sending an SOS to your netherlands?
  • creativesoul
    You should have a bidet.Bitter Crank

Yup. All we need is something to dry off with...

:lol:

That can be a hand towel, and ought be during a toilet paper shortage because it takes quite a bit of that to dry off...
  • creativesoul
    So...

Due to the fear, many things are being cancelled, including public schools in some places.

Those poor parents with kids who cannot look after themselves... the unexpected and often dramatic increase in childcare expenses...

Wonder if Trump plans to help them with his stimulus spending?
  • NOS4A2

Just doing some poking around and had clear up some misinformation. You even had me convinced for a second there.

The cuts started in 2018, as the White House focused on eliminating funding to Obama-era disease security programs.

cdc-budget.jpg

https://cdn.factcheck.org/UploadedFiles/cdc-budget.jpg

In March of that year, Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer, whose job it was to lead the U.S. response in the event of a pandemic, abruptly left the administration and his global health security team was disbanded.

“Just because Ziemer’s position was discontinued does not mean everyone who was part of the team was fired or that all of the functions of the directorate ceased. According to reporting by the Atlantic and the Washington Post, some team members were shifted to other groups, and others took over some of Ziemer’s duties. An NSC spokesman at the time said that the administration “remains committed to global health, global health security and biodefense, and will continue to address these issues with the same resolve under the new structure.”

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/democrats-misleading-coronavirus-claims/

That same year, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was forced to slash its efforts to prevent global disease outbreak by 80% as its funding for the program began to run out. The agency, at the time, opted to focus on 10 priority countries and scale back in others, including China.

“ As the COVID-19 disease caused by the new coronavirus has spread around the world, a number of politicians, news organizations and public figures have made the false claim that the Trump administration cut the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s anti-pandemic work in over 40 countries to just 10. The CDC told us that’s not true.

With its current funding, Bartee said, the CDC is actually working in “more than 60 countries” — not 10 — to address the threat of global infectious diseases and outbreaks.“

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/false-claim-about-cdcs-global-anti-pandemic-work/
  • Nobeernolife
    I didn't say that Trump called the virus a hoax.Michael
    OK, thanks for clarifying. Anyway, this fake media talking point is out there.

And if you want glaring examples of parroting blatant false talking points from Trump supporters, just look at their accusations re. Biden and Ukraine, or the FBI and Mueller investigation into the Trump campaign being some Deep State or Democrat conspiracy.Michael
    Not sure what you mean there. Both the Russia hoax and the Ukraine hoax are perpetrated by the fake media and repeated by the gullible Trump haters.... not sure why you are confirming my point, but thanks.
  • Nobeernolife
    I am not asking you if you "know" he made a mistake. I am asking you if you think he did. As in, do you think he should have taken different measures, and sooner, given the information you have.Echarmion

Comprehension problems? I said I do not know if he made a mistake, seeing that the whole Corona situation is still so unclear. And neither do you. The only reason you "know" that he made a mistake is that in a simple world of orangeman bad, you just "know" that whatever the orange monster does is a mistake.
    Simple rules for simple minds...
  • Punshhh
    According to him he is quite concerned, probably more so than any leader before him.

Yes, I agree that he's concerned, about the pandemic, not about his troops though, they are off the radar for now. Oh and also any US citizens in vulnerable countries*. He's displaying the behaviour of someone in a sticky situation way above his pay grade. Let's hope he's got some level headed advisors left, after his purge of people he doesn't like around him.

All he's doing is desperately being all things to all men. Contradicting what he said the last time he spoke, distracting from hard questions, attacking and othering anyone, or administration he can pin a target on. He hasn't even realised that leaders around the world are struggling to comprehend and deal with the magnitude of the crisis. He just sits there with his arms tightly crossed and reacts to events in anyway that he can do with his salesman rhetoric.

Where's the leadership?

Or, do you still not know what I mean by leadership?

* I mean countries with poor healthcare systems, which are poorly prepared for 10% of their population to require hospital treatment in the next few weeks.
  • dclements
    Guess Trump was right. Godspeed, EU.NOS4A2

Even if the WHO has declared Europe of the epicenter of COVID-19 the US isn't that much better off. As of today according to the New York Times:

"The number of known coronavirus cases in the United States continues to grow rapidly. As of Saturday morning, at least 2,170 people in 49 states, Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico have tested positive for coronavirus, according to a New York Times database, and at least 48 patients with the virus have died."

(Link to map of where cases of reported coronavirus are in the US)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ot-lkZSQ1Bpjs2cXbbyAfxllRPrEc6Ia/view

It looks like country after country in Europe are starting to close it's borders with each other in the hopes of slowing down the spread of the virus. The US might soon follow suit with locking down certain areas as quarantine zones in order to slow down the spread here in the US. We will have to see what places outside the US and Europe will choose to do when infection rates become too high for their countries. Needless to say the economic costs of all of this is going to be staggering not to mention the human costs after this is all done ..if we are ever truly done with it.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.