• James Riley
    So here is your chance: what is wrong with what I believe?NOS4A2

Okay, for the umpteenth time: If I save a gallon of gas, I increase the supply, lowering the price, stimulating demand, so NOS can roll-coal for another mile with his muscle truck. I've defeated my purpose.

So it's illogical and a stupid argument to claim that I am a hypocrite for driving to a convention designed to deprive NOS of his right to roll coal and to take away his truck and force him to quit polluting. If I were to swim to Scotland, it wouldn't work out so well and NOS would continue to pollute, whilst laughing.

The other example I use is the Iraq war. All those 'Muricans who wrapped themselves in the flag, and charged opponents who "question a POTUS in time of war" of being traitors who failed to support the troops were not so fundamentally stupid as to get daddy's '06 out of the closet and fly to Bagdahd to try and kill Saddam themselves. And I was not so fundamentally stupid as to call them hypocrites for failing to do so. They, like Biden, were smart. They knew there are certain problems in life that you would be stupid to try and tackle on your own.

Now, since I've been over this with you, unrebutted, many times, please book mark it so the next time you "forget" the lesson that I have taught you, I can remind you, you can come back here and go "Oh, yeah, now I remember."
  • James Riley
    It's true that Biden is not hypocritical because by no measure does he gave a rats about the environment.StreetlightX

With folks like you around, it wouldn't matter if he did.
  • NOS4A2

Are you flying an 85-car entourage across the Atlantic, driving around Europe in it before going to a climate change conference, only to lecture whomever is listening before dozing off in a septuagenerian stupor? Couldn’t you lecture others by other means, without the hypocrisy?

Your argument is a stupid one, James, a lesson in sophistry and obsequiousness.
  • James Riley
    Couldn’t you lecture others by other means, without the hypocrisy?NOS4A2

Let me try this: It is not hypocrisy to do that which it would require all others to stop doing to be effective; especially when one is working to get everyone to stop.

I don't call you a hypocrite for using all that stuff made under a communist regime. But you do. Are you a hypocrite for doing that, NOS? If you think so, then you don't understand how capitalism works. :grin:

Your argument is a stupid one, James, a lesson in sophistry and obsequiousness.NOS4A2

A stupid argument would be calling "hypocrisy" on one who fails to swim to Scotland from America. No less stupid would be the nit-picking of "Well, he doesn't have to swim, but he could use less gas while driving around, if he only used a Prius."
  • NOS4A2

I don’t see anyone else driving around in an 85-car entourage. To do so is both ineffective and hypocritical. No one else could do it, let alone stop doing it. It’s a stupid argument, James. Find a better angle.
  • tim wood
    have you had the methane content of your "breath" checked recently, nos4?
  • Mikie

Says the guy who defended Trump for fours years, and is a vehement climate denier. :up:
  • James Riley
    I don’t see anyone else driving around in an 85-car entourage.NOS4A2

But you aren't familiar with what it takes to move a national leader around. Your lack of familiarity stems from your living in your fantasy world of "every man for himself."

To do so is both ineffective and hypocritical.NOS4A2

It is effective so long as people who don't understand what hypocrisy is stop pretending to engage on things that are over their head. It's kind of like all the new epidemiologists in the Republican Party. The real epidemiologists would have whipped Covid by now if it weren't for all the stupid people. But smart people know that part of their burden is to drag all the stupid people along behind them. That's why it takes an entourage. If there were fewer stupid people, Biden wouldn't even have to go in the first place.

Those of us with experience in the real world know that a General simply cannot hump around with a haversack, along with the PFCs, just because it might endear himself to the troops. Sometimes he has a war to fight and that involves more than a haversack.

No one else could do it, let alone stop doing it.NOS4A2

You are correct. No one else could. Well, unless they were elected POTUS and had to press the flesh instead of Zoom, all while dragging the stupid people, kicking and screaming, into the future. But you wouldn't know about such things.

It’s a stupid argument, James. Find a better angle.NOS4A2

It's an un-rebutted argument. The angle just flies over your head.

P.S. By the way, you never answered my question about your support of Communism. Crickets.
  • NOS4A2

Biden flies an 85-car entourage to Europe and you bellyaching scolds hang on his every word looking for climate actions

“…b-b-but Trump”
  • James Riley
    Says the guy who defended Trump for fours years, and is a vehement climate denier. :up:Xtrix

Not only that, but he supports Communist China. I think he's a commie.
  • Mikie
    Biden flies an 85-car entourage to EuropeNOS4A2

Biden flies! Oh no!!

Climate change is a hoax.
  • NOS4A2

The person you choose to bring stupid people into the future is an idiot, a hypocrite, and an inborn liar. You, and others like you, obediently await your dear leaders for change. How has that worked out for you?
  • NOS4A2

“Politicians will save us!”
  • James Riley
    The person you choose to bring stupid people into the future is an idiot, a hypocrite, and an inborn liar.NOS4A2

While all politicians might be dishonorable cowards and liars. Only one has set the bar in the basement. and it was not Biden.

You, and others like you, obediently await your dear leaders for change. How has that worked out for you?NOS4A2

It would work out fine if it weren't for all the stupid people on our backs, kicking, screaming and whining like petulant, obstinate little children. Maybe you are right. Maybe it's time we do again what we did in the Civil War and WWII. Only this time, finish the job.

Oh, and answer the question, commie.
  • Mikie
    “Politicians will save us!”NOS4A2

No, Donald Trump will -- because he's not a politician, he says things like it is.
  • James Riley
    No, Donald Trump will --Xtrix

November 2nd, baby!

252749344_1263527474152290_4329687128240461482_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=KmtwWa5L2zcAX-A9pIV&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=8a0bcecbcc625353045ebb247d1f0a1f&oe=6186D280
  • Mikie

Donald Trump will save us. The government isn't the solution, it's the problem. We need smaller government. The solution to our problem is a free market -- no government interference. It's all about freedom.

And climate change is a liberal/Chinese hoax.
  • James Riley
    Donald Trump will save us. The government isn't the solution, it's the problem. We need smaller government. The solution to our problem is a free market -- no government interference. It's all about freedom.

And climate change is a liberal/Chinese hoax.
    Xtrix

Thank God (the Christian God, of course). I thought we were doomed but Herr Trump will come to the rescue! Quick, let me find my brown shirt.
  • NOS4A2

The problem is you guys are the stupid people. You believe you can see the future and know how to fix it. Your answers to these problems, and the solutions, lie somewhere in the brains of careerists and bureaucrats, and nowhere in your own ideas and actions.
  • NOS4A2

How many months has Trump been out of office now?
  • James Riley
    The problem is you guys are the stupid people. You believe you can see the future and know how to fix it. Your answers to these problems, and the solutions, lie somewhere in the brains of careerists and bureaucrats, and nowhere in your own ideas and actions.NOS4A2

Says the commie Trumpster.

Again, son, our answers would work, if the obstinate, petulant people would stand down for a nano-second. Indeed, look at the history of your people ruining America (if the not the world - 2008) and our people rescuing it and getting it back on course, only to have your people ruin it again. And we do all of that over your kicking and screaming to slow our roll when we have the wheel.

It reminds me of my unit in the Marine Corps. The upper echelon would move us around to the different shit-hole barracks on base because we'd clean them up to live in. Then they'd move us to the next one.
  • James Riley
    How many months has Trump been out of office now?NOS4A2

How long since FDR? Carter? Clinton, Obama, Clinton? And the right still has their panties in a wad.
  • Mikie
    How many months has Trump been out of office now?NOS4A2

Never. Because he never lost, and will soon be reinstated.

The problem is you guys are the stupid people.NOS4A2

Yes! Anyone who listens to 99% of experts in any field, rather than using his own brain to figure things out from his bedroom, is stupid indeed. I've always felt atomic theory was way off the mark, for example. Evolution too -- I mean, come on. Obviously we were designed by God. I don't need careerists telling me what to think. That's why I don't go to the doctor.
  • NOS4A2

Your fantasies do not apply to me, unfortunately. I despise the uniparty and am a registered independent; I find your lot indistinguishable from the other; and the group think and silo mentality do not apply.
  • Streetlight
    Guys why are you fighting you are on the same side.
  • James Riley
    Your fantasies do not apply to me, unfortunately.NOS4A2

Ah, but they do apply to you, whether you want them to or not. You are a hypocrite and a communist because you said so. It is my fantasy that you be what you say you are. It is my fantasy that you are exempt from the arguments you sling at others.

I despise the uniparty and am a registered independent;NOS4A2

Then why, pray tell, do you support Communist China?

I find your lot indistinguishable from the other; and the group think and silo mentality do not apply.NOS4A2

I agree that you are not capable of nuance. Like most commies, it's your way or the highway.
  • NOS4A2

I am a communist and a hypocrite because…why exactly?
  • James Riley
    I am a communist and a hypocrite because…why exactly?NOS4A2

Same reason Biden is a hypocrite. He wants to curb emissions, yet drives. You don't like big government but support the Chinese Communist government.
  • NOS4A2

I didn’t say Biden drives. I said he flew an 85-car entourage across the ocean and road around Europe in it.

How do I support the Chinese government?
  • James Riley
    I didn’t say Biden drives. I said he flew an 85-car entourage across the ocean and road around Europe in it.NOS4A2

Okay. Same difference. Biden wants to reduce emissions and yet he flew an 85-car entourage across the ocean and road around Europe in it. Yet he wants to reduce emissions. In your mind, that makes him a hypocrite.

How do I support the Chinese government?NOS4A2

You buy lots of shit made in China by commies. In your mind, that makes you a hypocrite.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.