• Anonim
    I've been thinking about it for my whole life, like most people. I found some answers. And i wanted to share them with people. After i found some answers. My thought about the god and the creator has changed. Now i believe in god but not in the creator. It may not make sense. But let me explain. The god that i believe was not created. But it also didn't create. It was always there. There is no beginning of its existence. And there can't be its end. Because it is existence itself. Existence can not exist without non-existence. It's like darkness and light. Like sound and silence. These things are opposite of each other. So they can't exist without one another.

The elements inside us, inside planets, inside stars or inside everything in universe are the same. There is countless thing in universe. But universe is one. And everything inside it are the same. So universe was always there. But it wasn't this way for the whole time. It changed and always keeps changing. In this situation, one thing must exists, everything to exist. And that is god i believe in. It wasn't created, and it didn't create. After some events it became the thing that we call universe. And we are part of it. We are out of it. What is us, what is everything in universe, and what is universe, are the same at the end, or at the beginning.

The main point is god is not a spiritual, merciful, angry, generous being or whatever people call it. The god that i believe is the one that I've explained you above. And I want to say that what caused me think all of these is Islam's or any religions understanding of god. I have found some answers for them too. Even without the explanations that I've made above. I can prove that there is no god the way they think. Let's talk about the way that Islam explains and accepts the god. I use Islam as an argument because i was a Muslim earlier. And it's the one that i know most about.

Islam says this world is an exam for us. To see what we deserve. Heaven or hell. But this exam is not fair from the beginning. If a person was born in a conservative Christian family or in any other conservative family that believes in another religion. It's quite possible that person to see Islam or other religions bad and see his religion the best. The Islam that's showed in the media is quite worse than it actually is. All Muslims are showed like terrorists. And a bunch of thing has been told people about Islam for a long time. In the world there are still so many people hate and afraid of Islam and Muslims. And there is so many Muslim that sees and thinks about other religions in the bad way. Because people can't see what is real easily because of the media and manipulations. If the god doesn't give them the opportunity to reach reality completely. Than this can't be a fair exam. And this would be a problem for Allah who orders justice and fairness.

To me people aren't born evil. Circumstances make them evil. If the circumstances are not appropriate for them to be good. They will be bad most likely. If you are fair, if you say that you are fair and tell people to be fair, you would prepare a fair exam for everyone. If you create a tree and tell a human not to eat that trees fruit. That person will eat it. And if you are fair you won't fire him from heaven and send him to world. And punish all humanity because of a man that ate a fruit.

I'm gonna stop here. And sorry if i made some mistakes at writing. My English isn't so good.
  • Frank Apisa
    Now i believe in god but not in the creator.Anonim

Can you put this into other words...without using the "believe?"

Different people mean different things when they say "I 'believe (in)." Just wondering what you mean.
  • deletedusercb
    He means that he thinks it is true that God exists.
    What you are really asking him is how he arrived at his conclusion.
  • Frank Apisa
    Coben
    ↪Frank Apisa He means that he thinks it is true that God exists.
    What you are really asking him is how he arrived at his conclusion.
    Coben

I think he will not be able to answer a question about how he arrived at his conclusion.

He may be right. I acknowledge it is possible at least one GOD exists. And, of course, it is possible there are no gods.

I suspect that most people who say, "I 'believe' (in) GOD" or "I 'believe' there are no gods"...are doing the same thing I do when I toss a coin on the issue.

That is why I asked what he meant by it...rather than WHY he said whatever it is he meant.
  • Athena
    Anonim, you might find more agreement with Hinduism than God of Abraham religions.

Hindu cosmological view
    Many Hindu philosophies mention that the creation is cyclic. According to the Upanishads, the universe and the Earth, along with humans and other creatures, undergo repeated cycles (pralaya) of creation and destruction.
    Hindu views on evolution - Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Hindu_views_on_evolution
    — Wikipedia

To me people aren't born evil. Circumstances make them evil. If the circumstances are not appropriate for them to be good. They will be bad most likely. If you are fair, if you say that you are fair and tell people to be fair, you would prepare a fair exam for everyone. If you create a tree and tell a human not to eat that trees fruit. That person will eat it. And if you are fair you won't fire him from heaven and send him to world. And punish all humanity because of a man that ate a fruit.Anonim

Quite clearly that is about being human, not a god. I think science agrees with you about circumstances making us good or evil, not the fact that we are born human and the first humans displeased a god. It is highly unlikely there was ever a Garden of Eden where a god walked with humans. This is to say, the God of Abraham religions advance a false notion of being human. I am confident that our nature is the result of evolution and all our decisions would be better if they were based on science instead of mythology.
  • 180 Proof
    Have you studied Spinoza, particularly his Ethics? If not, I recommend Edwin Curley's translation; also, Stuart Hampshire's Spinoza and Spinozism. What you say here about "God", "existence", and "evil" seems consistent with (or maybe influenced by?) Spinoza's thinking.
  • Gnostic Christian Bishop
    . And there can't be its end.Anonim

Strange that the rest of your universe is dualistic, yet you create an exception for your god.

I care if you are following the immoral ways of the mainstream religions. Are you?

Have you rejected their vile ideologies?

Regards
    DL
  • christian2017
    I've been thinking about it for my whole life, like most people. I found some answers. And i wanted to share them with people. After i found some answers. My thought about the god and the creator has changed. Now i believe in god but not in the creator. It may not make sense. But let me explain. The god that i believe was not created. But it also didn't create. It was always there. There is no beginning of its existence. And there can't be its end. Because it is existence itself. Existence can not exist without non-existence. It's like darkness and light. Like sound and silence. These things are opposite of each other. So they can't exist without one another.

The elements inside us, inside planets, inside stars or inside everything in universe are the same. There is countless thing in universe. But universe is one. And everything inside it are the same. So universe was always there. But it wasn't this way for the whole time. It changed and always keeps changing. In this situation, one thing must exists, everything to exist. And that is god i believe in. It wasn't created, and it didn't create. After some events it became the thing that we call universe. And we are part of it. We are out of it. What is us, what is everything in universe, and what is universe, are the same at the end, or at the beginning.

The main point is god is not a spiritual, merciful, angry, generous being or whatever people call it. The god that i believe is the one that I've explained you above. And I want to say that what caused me think all of these is Islam's or any religions understanding of god. I have found some answers for them too. Even without the explanations that I've made above. I can prove that there is no god the way they think. Let's talk about the way that Islam explains and accepts the god. I use Islam as an argument because i was a Muslim earlier. And it's the one that i know most about.

Islam says this world is an exam for us. To see what we deserve. Heaven or hell. But this exam is not fair from the beginning. If a person was born in a conservative Christian family or in any other conservative family that believes in another religion. It's quite possible that person to see Islam or other religions bad and see his religion the best. The Islam that's showed in the media is quite worse than it actually is. All Muslims are showed like terrorists. And a bunch of thing has been told people about Islam for a long time. In the world there are still so many people hate and afraid of Islam and Muslims. And there is so many Muslim that sees and thinks about other religions in the bad way. Because people can't see what is real easily because of the media and manipulations. If the god doesn't give them the opportunity to reach reality completely. Than this can't be a fair exam. And this would be a problem for Allah who orders justice and fairness.

To me people aren't born evil. Circumstances make them evil. If the circumstances are not appropriate for them to be good. They will be bad most likely. If you are fair, if you say that you are fair and tell people to be fair, you would prepare a fair exam for everyone. If you create a tree and tell a human not to eat that trees fruit. That person will eat it. And if you are fair you won't fire him from heaven and send him to world. And punish all humanity because of a man that ate a fruit.

I'm gonna stop here. And sorry if i made some mistakes at writing. My English isn't so good.
    Anonim

Anonim

i believe in scientific determinism or determinism as it is called in this forum (nurture versus nature or dna versus compounded situations). I understand the dna we are born with is altered overtime due to various biological reasons.

Basically we are like cars, cars do what physics and particles cause them to do.

Without getting into theology, i would have to say many of your points are correct.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment