• Gnostic Christian Bishop
    Supernatural and fantasy thinking about religion. Is it good or evil?

We can scientifically explain the supernatural itch that some allow to control their thinking.

In children, this might be a good way of expanding their minds, but adults are asked to put away the things of children, which, to me, includes supernatural and fantasy thinking.

I use these to show substance dualism. I see this as a useful trait for us in nature but not for our spiritual and religious sides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWx_uVDh4Cw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IqYHiejTVM

I see thinking supernaturally as a deterrent to knowing god, even as I promote fantasy thinking in the seeking of the best rulers and laws to live by, which is a good definition for god. After all, Moses, not that he was real, came down from the mountain with rules and laws and not some fantasy supernatural god.

The laws on earth can never be the same laws as in heaven and we can never reach the pinnacle of as above, so below.

Do you see supernatural thinking as childish or adult thinking?

Do you see supernatural thinking in childish as good?

Do you see supernatural thinking in adults as evil?

Regards
    DL
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvBxFXQy7-M
  • Syamsu
    You are obviously confusing subjectivity, like beauty, with fantasy, like spiderman.

Belief in the soul is subjective. A subjective belief is formed by choice, and expresses what it is that makes a choice. The soul is agency of choices. And then in the end the soul is judged for all the choices it made.

What total and utter idiots academic people are for not comprehending basic logic of subjectivity.
    The soul is agency of choices. And then in the end the soul is judged for all the choices it made.Syamsu

Judged by who?

Regards
    DL
  • hachit
    I find too many get the good or evil question wrong.

It a truth vs a lie

Demon and Satan seek to steer us away from God.

To answer the questions at the end
    I think most people have a wrong or even insulting understanding of the supernatural.
    I think if your going to believe at least know what your talking about.
    But what do I know I only studied demonology, angelology, and witchcraft. On top of theology (the study of believe)
    But what do I know I only studied demonology, angelology, and witchcraft. On top of theology (the study of believe)hachit

What did you gain from studying fantasy?

Demon and Satan seek to steer us away from God.hachit

I see that fantasy as quite good, given that Yahweh is a genocidal god.

If I tried to talk you out of honoring Hitler, Stalin or some other genocidal moral monster, would you see me as a demon or Satan?

Regards
    DL
  • hachit

"What did you gain from studying fantasy?"
    One it only fantasy if you don't believe it, two I got a better understanding of Christianity in general.

"I see that fantasy as quite good, given that Yahweh is a genocidal god.

If I tried to talk you out of honoring Hitler, Stalin or some other genocidal moral monster, would you see me as a demon or Satan?"

One hericy, two more hericy,
    Three no a demon is more than a deceiver and satan has 2 wings like any cude. Infact I will say this clearly a human in an of itself can never be a demon and/or satan. That believe is insulting. They can however become possessed (deceived and manipulated to the point that there under the demon direct control).

your arguments hold no water if hericy is include in them in this case the hericy is the idea of the evil God, as by definition he is omnibenevolent.
    your arguments hold no water if hericy is include in them in this case the hericy is the idea of the evil God, as by definition he is omnibenevolent.hachit

Sure. Like all genocidal pricks.

Thanks for showing us how you honor genocidal characters.

Regards
    DL
  • hachit

Your name literally contains Gnostic Christian the highest form of hericy. You name is associated with cannibalism, suicide and worship of death.

Of wich suicide and worship of death were known to be practiced. Cannibalism is in the gray so we don't know if it was true.

And you call me genocidal.
  • Frank Apisa
    Just want to mention something I have mentioned in several other threads:

If a thing exists...whatever that thing is...it is NATURAL.

If GODS exist...they are natural...not supernatural.

If ghosts or spirits exist...they are natural...not supernatural.

If dimensions exist that we humans are not able to perceive...they are as natural as apples or clouds...not supernatural.

Just sayin'!
  • hachit

Supernatural means without explanation and i believe in the transcendent so, agree to disagree about what there called.
    Of wich suicide and worship of death were known to be practiced. Cannibalism is in the gray so we don't know if it was true.hachit

You have been listening to the lies the inquisitors put out there to justify their many murders.

Go ahead and believe all the lies you want and keep honoring your genocidal prick of a god..

Regards
    DL
  • Frank Apisa
    hachit
    ↪Frank Apisa
    Supernatural means without explanation and i believe in the transcendent so, agree to disagree about what there called.
    hachit

"Supernatural" has many different definitions. The one you offered is self-serving...so allow me to do the same in return: Supernatural: adjective: not existing in nature.

If it EXISTS...it is natural, even if we puny humans, the dominant life-form on this tiny rock circling this nondescript star in the nondescript galaxy are unable, at this time, to perceive it.
    Frank ApisaFrank Apisa

No argument on this.

Regards
    DL
  • deletedusercb
    If a thing exists...whatever that thing is...it is NATURAL.

If GODS exist...they are natural...not supernatural.
    Frank Apisa
    A nice point (which I've made myself elsewhere so this is a narcisstic compliment). 'Do you believe in the supernatural?' bears a kind of resemblence to 'Have you stopped beating your wife?' It carries in it a problematic assumption; or it's a kind of one word oxymoron. Do you believe in things not currently accepted by the bulk of scientists? is a more workable question, it seems to me.
    Frank ApisaFrank Apisa

No argument on this.

Regards
    DL
    i believe in the transcendenthachit

Faith has no facts. Beliefs do.

What facts make you believe in the supernatural?

Regards
    DL
  • deletedusercb
    That would mean that before we understood why water had a high surface tension, we considered bugs walking on it supernatural. Or that dark matter is supernatural. Or why certain fashion items become trends. And also many things that are considered supernatual are explained by believers in them. Not all, and not by all believers.
    Remember I defined the supernatural as that without explanation, not as Frank Apisa does.hachit

WT hell.

Same question on transcendence.

Regards
    DL
  • hachit
    without explanation is not the same as without a explanation. You can know something has a explanation even if you don't know what it is.
  • hachit

I told you my axioms imply transcendent. If you don't agree with my axioms you don't need to agree with anything I say.
    without explanation is not the same as without a explanation.hachit

Given this idiocy, move along buddy.

Regards
    DL
  • Julia
    I think it comes down to what form of religion one believes. I see most religions to be bad to ones well being or to me personally and other types bring out the good in people. Studies also indicate that religion and spirituality have good impacts on people especially ones with a mental illness. To me mental illness is a serious issue because that person could harm themselves or others so if religion/spiritually can help that person live a more productive life then we can't fight with this treatment that works. We must support all forms of treatment that work or else you'll be at odds with doctors, scientists, and other professionals.
  • DrOlsnesLea
    Note on Parapsychology, here a link on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parapsychology
    Also the paranormal (science), Wikipedia as well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal

There are serious inquiries going on in the World and these can carry a title like this: "The Fantastic Phenomena or of Freak Nature as Accounts of Reality".
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.