• Johan2001
    Dear people. I would like to talk about autism and sperm donation, because as an autistic person I feel very hurt by something. I understood from my supervisor that disabled people (including autistic) should not donate seed! Fortunately, there are people who do NOT agree with this! I get a bit of suicidal tendencies from the idea that disabled people should NOT donate their seed, because I think disabled people should be PART of society and NO eugenics should be committed on them, like with the NIPT test! The government believes that disabled people should not donate their seeds, because they only do that for the money (As if the money is more important than a person)! Furthermore, I am very sorry that this is happening in the Netherlands, because the Netherlands should still be a modern and progressive country (I still have my doubts about this, since the conservative parties VVD, PVV and FvD are very popular in this country)! I also don't understand that eugenics towards handicapped people is still normal these days! How did it happen that the Netherlands is AGAINST disabled people? Is that because disabled people are different and need care? I think it is long time that disabled people should join together against the validity of the world! For more information, please click on the links below. And what do you think? Would you please let us know in the comments?

What an autistic person thinks
    And is it eugenics?

PS: Please DON'T say you are the one with me? And even if you do NOT agree, please DON'T say you are one with me because of the MONEY?
  • Hanover
    Why are you opposed to providing potential parents knowledge of the genetic history of their sperm donor? Are you opposed to them knowing any of the history of the sperm donor, like race, educational level attained, criminal history, issues with physical and mental illness?
  • fdrake

"It's okay to discriminate using eugenics so long as you justify it with market logic"
  • unenlightened
    As if the money is more important than a person)Johan2001

“If you treat making children as a for-profit business, suddenly the legal attributes of for-profit business starts to leak into child building.” — Arthur Caplan

Well that is easily dealt with. Ban payments for donations (as if it wasn't already a contradiction), and ban for-profit sperm banks.

But after that, I think it's a woman's right to choose what gets put in her body. That right might be outweighed by some disastrous effect on population that threatened human survival - like a drastic shortage of men or something equally terrible.

Have you tried the old-fashioned method of reproduction at all?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.